Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Issues with current patch
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:01 am 
Sea Wolf

This is a copy & paste from the beta thread since I believe all these issues made it to final release:

This is a bug still in the beta from the original release regarding the way in which MA counts turns in replays. This also effects the automatic replay naming:

http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=829

To follow-up this bug, let me say that the problem only occurs when the person who's replay it is played as the FNU. It happens regardless of map, only side has any effect.

Also, replay naming in single-player fails to insert the players name in the replay name, only that of the AI. However, the name appears correctly during playback.

I still would like to see a bigger replay window, either through scaling with the resolution, or the ability to resize it. Replay names never fit in the window.

I still experience the laggy graphics effect (on load, everything lags until I go into Graphics Options and click Apply, then it's fine. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and have had this problem under the 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3 Catalyst drivers). I'm also sure you're away the problems under Hardware sound when using an Audigy/Audigy2 continue.

Irritatingly, replays are still listed by date of file modification, with no way of reordering them.

For some reason, whenever I load MA, and this pre-dates the beta patch, I have to click a menu option twice for it to work. Once I've done this once after loading the game, all buttons respond to a single-click.

It seems the replay turn bug affects PL too. The automatic replay namer doesn't count deployment as a turn, where as when the replay is played back, it is counted. Thus the turn count in the file name is different from that of the turn count in the replay.

Noticed a few more bugs:

1. Rewinding doesn't remove track marks on the ground.

2. Bomber only has shadow over water (always been this way?)

3. Balance in replays is ususally that of the PL, but in single-player replays it is that of the player. This needs to be brought into line.

4. I don't think the Heavy Bot fires its missiles with this patch. I don't recall seeing anything but laser.

I think that every bug I posted in this topic has made it into the final release. I have also noticed another bug. When you play as the Phantom League in and go into the stats screen, you are listed as the top set of scores, but the pictures are all FNU ones, while the AI is below with PL pictures.

I also posted a bug regarding phase rewinding in the support forum.