Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Guess I'll ask
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:44 pm 
Ive just read through a bunch of threads and have not seen anything about what I am seeing, so if its old news go easy on the flames.

I just installed MA and patched with the newest patch because I got a CD not detected message. I thought it was just a copyright issue that would be fixed w/the patch. Well the game loaded up fine, so the copy protection seems to be fixed.

Then I tried to do a campaign. After the initial disclose phase on the first campaign, I put out my units and click the end phase button. Then nothing happens..at all. I can rotate the mouse but thats it. Nothing happens after that. Sometimes I can get the menu to open up with the esc or F1 keys, but usually not. Then, if I do get it to open and can get into the main menu, the mouse will suddenly stop being able to push buttons. I have to ctrl-alt-delete and end the task.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:45 am 
Sea Wolf

Sorry to go with the usual solution, but have you tried reinstalling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:18 pm 
Yes, multiple times. I have tried changing video settings from 32 to 16 bit as well as resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600 and back as well.

When it gets stuck after I hit "end phase", nothing works. I can not even hit F1 or escape to get the menu. I have to End Task on the process. I just will not accept any input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

Are you sure you used the right patch?

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:25 pm 
heh ya, its the ma_matrix_patch_1.2.204.exe I almost got the wrong one until I saw the "American" one a little lower. I run the update from the cd autorun menu and it says I have the latest version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:37 pm 
Sea Wolf

You have the one that says Matrix games? That's the american version, and the autoupdate feature doesn't work. You need to manually download the American version of the patch. If you've done that, I don't know what else it could be right off hand, other than to contact tech support. They can look at the error log file you send them, and perhaps give you some suggestions.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:58 am 
Sea Wolf

Anonymous wrote:
heh ya, its the ma_matrix_patch_1.2.204.exe I almost got the wrong one until I saw the "American" one a little lower. I run the update from the cd autorun menu and it says I have the latest version.

I believe the update program doesn't correctly detect whether you are up to date or not.