Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: newbie question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:35 pm 
just downloaded the demo, and it took me 5 tries to beat the computer on the worldmap on easy.
even now, ive ive bet the ai, and when i reply the map, im kind of unsure about the balance.
i mean, ive to set up my stuff nearly blind. if i set it up on one border, then computer is for sure on the other border, free to invade. if i set them up spread they get run over anyway, and if i put them in the center, then they are too slow as well to reach the right border.
next, so ive set up my stuff, and now i see the computer just putting up those heavy rocket launchers everywhere, and before i can do anything he destroys each good unit i have and im left with crap that cant hit the rocket launcher anyway. then he continues to shoot my stuff down each turn and i cant retaliate.
am i wrong or is there somehow a severe unbalance? how comes that a single mistake can already screw u the whole game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:17 pm 
P.L. Marshal

LOL
another one....
there was at least a dozen of such topics in forum

http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=265

http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289

http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296

Post subject: Re: newbie question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:43 pm 
Developer

Anonymous wrote:
just downloaded the demo, and it took me 5 tries to beat the computer on the worldmap on easy.
even now, ive ive bet the ai, and when i reply the map, im kind of unsure about the balance.
i mean, ive to set up my stuff nearly blind. if i set it up on one border, then computer is for sure on the other border, free to invade. if i set them up spread they get run over anyway, and if i put them in the center, then they are too slow as well to reach the right border.
next, so ive set up my stuff, and now i see the computer just putting up those heavy rocket launchers everywhere, and before i can do anything he destroys each good unit i have and im left with crap that cant hit the rocket launcher anyway. then he continues to shoot my stuff down each turn and i cant retaliate.
am i wrong or is there somehow a severe unbalance? how comes that a single mistake can already screw u the whole game?

Well, keep in mind Pearl Harbour...
A real warrior MUST be able to fight in any unfavourable circumstances!

Post subject: Timing of when units can fire: confusion!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:34 pm 
Conscript

Hi, I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that the only time that units could be placed on the map and then fire right away was in the case of Guerilla units.

But I could have sworn in one of the multiplayer games I was playing that I had all my units lined up on a country's borders on turn one, and then on their turn they were able to place AND fire their units. IS that right? Or was I just getting confused. If I'm missing a chance to fiire my units in certain situations I would have thought it would warn me.

Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:43 pm 
P.L. Marshal

you not right- the order of actions is following
First - the League deploys it's troops
Second - the FNU deplots its troops
Third - League gets it;s first turn
then FNU and so on
since you not see how League player deploys his troops it may look from your point of view that they deploy and shoot but that's not so - they deploy before start then you deploy and then they move.So the League player at first deploys ablolutely blindly and he not see your units.
Well first turn MAY give the League player an advantage BUT only in case if secret allies are distributed in such way that you are neigbours (that's often on small planets and rare on large ones)
you can find alot of discussion of this question on forum.But i ensure you that NOBODY is allowed to deploy and shoot at sametime.