Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I feel like such a nub. Cant even beat the demo.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:20 pm 
Levy

I downloaded the demo two days ago and I am trying to do the world domination but I keep getting my ass handed to me. I tried to use bigger is better by using more tanks then LAVs and use rocket launchers behind to rain death down but the AI always seems to have way more units then I.

So I tried the fodder approach which the AI uses to block my advance, use the weakest units and line mortars or missle launchers behind and try to blast thru his lines but I still got my ass handed to me. The AI always seems to have 2 or 3 missle launchers for ever 1 I have and just blows through me.

Anyone have any tips? I've read through the tips & tricks section but I'm still clueless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:48 pm 
Tough Nut

Try using LAVs with Morters on borders you want to control. Then try using transports to sweet around/through quickly.

The AI doesnt' deal well with transports, but it is very good at basic defense, so you can use the transports to get behind the enemy.

Keep in mind that tanks and heavy bots can get on and off a transport in 1 turn.

I really recommend the scenarios and tutorials if you have not tried them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:33 pm 
Levy

I have tried the scenarios and tutorials. I almost won :( But every place that I have taken over didnt give me any money, i guess the AI spent it all :/ It just came down to who had more units left, AI won. He always seems to have more units then I :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:55 am 
Developer

MAke sure that you always do the following while playing:

1) capture the capital of a country
2) if AI has 1 Laucher and you have 1 laucher - load your laucher into transport and then move to destroy enemy Laucher
3) try to stick with LAVs + Lauchers + Bombers conbo - it's very effective if your countries are packed together

And you always have a choice to play for Phantom League (this side always moves first and this may be the reason for larger ammount of units - they also recruit them first).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:43 am 
Sea Wolf

http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=623

I've posted four replays of me beating the AI. I actually had a few more, but those should give you an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:37 pm 
Veteran

If the enemy is taking over on one border, take over one of his countries on the other side: trade.
If you need a more powerful army, more countries help alot. So does indemnity. On invasion, the a.i. often uses only lavs to repel an invading force.

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:16 pm 
Levy

One thing I have noticed the AI doing and it helps a lot if you need to shore up defenses on on side:

1. If you are in a stalemate along one front, let one AI LAV move into your territory. Make sure you can kill this unit on your turn!
2. This will give you the free guerilla phase, use that to shore up your defenses.
3. Then just kill the invader. You will not lose any time on production and you get a free 4 or 6 income when you need it the most.

TLC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:22 pm 
Levy

The 1-2-3 of assaulting a neutral territory when fighting the AI:

Ingredients:
One Transport
Two Tanks
Three Bombers
Reinforce with what you can

1. Place Transport and Tanks on the road towards the neutral capital.
2. Load up and move the Transport into the capital and unload the Tanks. Try and place them so that one cannot be surrounded and killed by the guerillas
3. Fly in Bombers to the newly captured capital.

If you follow this up with a couple of LAVs created at the end of that turn even, you should be able to take the capital in a couple of turns.

TLC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Be very careful with that tactic :). I don't know if the computer will do it, but if a player owns the country you invade as an SA, and manages to kill the unit in the capital with guerrilla units or outside reinforcements, he can then disclose that country during the disclosure phase, place one of the new units in the capital, and kill 3 very expensive planes.

A good rule of thumb is to place a unit with more hitpoints then the number given as guerrilla reinforcements. That is, when you disclose guerrilla you can usually do damage in the first turn equal to the cash you get for guerrillas. So when you invade a small the enemy can nearly always do 4 damage to a single target or spread out amongst your forces. So if you stick a full health tank in the capital and there are no reinforcements nearby, you are safe.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

i'd ignore the bombers and take 4 more tanks, or maybe 2 tanks and a bot, leaving a lav in your city.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/