Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: another new idea
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:01 pm 
Sea Wolf

ok lads sorry to say but i ahve anotehr war idea :)

ok....

we fight on the maps that artanis has kindly created for us.

Each clan is either given 1 country or all the country are divided up evenly (as best u can)

then each player is represented on the map as their own army.

When 2 clans' armies meet they fight on a random/set map dependent on the country size.

The winner gets the country
the loser is dead.
The losing clans needs to spend cash to rebuy the dead player's army before he can take part on that map again.

If more than 1 player of a clan meets an enemy clan then..

1. All players fight one another (eg if 2 players from clan A and 2 form clan B then u get 4 fights, if 2v3 then 6 fights etc..) once a player loses a fight his army is dead and his outstanding games are scrapped.
2. All players are paired off matched on rank (eg start with 2 lowest then work up.) once a player wins he waits till an enemy wins a game then they fight.

Cash can be used for..

1. Buying a new army for a dead player
2. Increasing an army's strength which can let the player lose an extra fight before being destroyed/gives the player 2 fights where he needs to lsoe both to be destroyed/only needs to win 1 to beat the enemy. (losing may weaken the stronger army).
3. Attacking countries (cost could be based on army strength/taret country size)
4. Attacking across water

We could use an availibity list to force clans to rebuild weaker players armies before stronger players should thew ekaer player have died less times than the stronger.

We would need strict time limits if we do the once u lose a game ur others are cacelled to stop players dragging out games they are losing to beat another player before they die.

anyway this is just a rough idea i had, if anyone thinks it might b good let me know and we can mayb think of some better rules ;)

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:33 pm 
Sea Wolf

It's very interesting, and would certainly be a change. I'm not sure that I like not having all the clans on the same map though.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:01 pm 
Sea Wolf

I like this idea! The principle of making a clan war in this manner, with an easily defined goal, could make for a good system of having multiple of these wars going on at any given time.

Creating a war such as this could be similar to a challenge in MAN. You declare the sides (in this case, you can have multiple clans, each with a few players), you declare the map (we can generate hex-based maps either from existing maps or custom-defined maps geared towards this kind of play), and you declare other game options like turn limits, etc.

Initially, each war will require some management, but as we have the capability to automate things, we could have an entirely automated web-based way of managing these wars.

This could also deal with other problems: Because each of these wars is much smaller in scale than a clan war, we can have many of these going at a time. This would provide ways to scale games for individual needs... a player that is very active and can play several times a day could be involved in several of these wars. Players with less time could participate in only one or two.

Another problem is player skill level: Its no fun when the best players are always playing weaker players. The best players don't get the challenge, and the weaker players never get to win. So with this idea, we can have a war with the same rules for some of the newer players, and another war that has the elite.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:50 pm 
Sea Wolf

I like this concept of the loser "dying" and having any outstanding games terminated, gives a good reason to play your best. I mean, if someone is winning a bunch of battles, but is about to lose one, then he'll have to try some new crazy stuff he might never have thought of before, either to gain victory or just delay a few more turns so he can win a few fights before he goes down.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]