Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tournament Replays!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:17 pm 
Veteran

Please post all tournament game replays, play by play, as they progress.

Thank you,
Brashen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:19 pm 
Veteran

I don`t think it`s a good idea to post them ALL here.I suggest that only somewhat interesting games should be posted.

P.S.A little comment - regretably in my group along with such strong players as Lola and Maelstrom were 2 total n00bs.Replays with them are not worth watching at all...My replays with Maelstrom are not interesting either - I just got beaten because of wrong decisions from the very beginning.Replays with the only person left - Doggy will be considered once we finish(which is in a far away future as he is not sending turns often)

P.P.S. After a while I decided to add another game with Lola:)There is nothing particulary interesting in it except transports.It may give someone general idea of just how important mobility is in that game.(see vslolared)

Attachments:
File comment: transports are vital
vslolared.rep [37.82 KiB]
Downloaded 1285 times
File comment: stopping the tide:)
vslolagreen.rep [42.19 KiB]
Downloaded 1327 times

Last edited by Magistr Honna on Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:35 pm 
Veteran

I agree. A forum is not the best place for this. It would be nice to have a web page which had links pointing to the games on the server which could be downloaded by users on demand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:50 pm 
Sea Wolf

Actually, I personally would like to see replays with some of the best players, even if you did get beat horribly. I would absolutely love to see some replays of MortonHQ or Artmax, etc, who we might be facing in the quarterfinals/finals if we get there. A lot can be learn from watching their play style, even if its a total victory. When I get home, I'll post my first match against Tiger (the very first online game I played). It certainly was a learning experience for me.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:30 pm 
Tough Nut

little confused ... was lola green on that replay? Was a very good replay .. in the beginning I thought red had it all wrapped up. Then green came out of nowhere with a massive force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:08 pm 
Veteran

I was green in that game.The fact was,I calculated which one was her last secret ally long before that.(it is simple - middle couldn`t be hers `cause she deployed 3 buggys on its border and lowest one that I conquered couldn`t be either or she definitely used it to crush me long ago)So,knowing that,I saved some money to have something to crush her ally quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:22 pm 
Veteran

Magistr Honna wrote:
I was green in that game.The fact was,I calculated which one was her last secret ally long before that.(it is simple - middle couldn`t be hers `cause she deployed 3 buggys on its border and lowest one that I conquered couldn`t be either or she definitely used it to crush me long ago)So,knowing that,I saved some money to have something to crush her ally quickly.

Nice call. I guess knowing your opponent is critical as in any true strategy game. As long as you can guess how your opponent will react to any particular advance or maneuver you can use your turns to guide your opponent into the position you want them.

Luckily, the 3 buggys lola had deployed were not there for that reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:54 am 
Developer

Maelstrom wrote:
Actually, I personally would like to see replays with some of the best players, even if you did get beat horribly. I would absolutely love to see some replays of MortonHQ or Artmax, etc, who we might be facing in the quarterfinals/finals if we get there.

You're right, watching replays of games played by masters is much more helpful than ones where poor Lola or Kitten were defeated.

I have 8 replays of MortonHQ vs Tiger games.
You can find them here:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2966#2966