Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Price/Distributation Suggestion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:11 pm 
Now, I don't want to sound like the a bad guy here, but here's my thing from reading a around a bit on the forums.

Basically, the game is only good for its multiplayer content. Once you beat the AI once, find the trick, the single player is done. I see that the boxed version is $20 (US dollar) at stores and $40 through wargaming.net. Understandable. However, since the game is mainly multiplayer with trainers I'd vouch for a downloadable version that sells between $15-$20. The game has already fallen into the budget area and generally games originally listed for $40 to begin with are not robust. I think you'll have a better chance at selling the game this way, but I don't know your numbers nor legal limits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:28 pm 
Sea Wolf

http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:02 am 
Sea Wolf

:) yea there already is a downloadable version which u pay a monthly subscription to play.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

To clarify:

You pay the subscription to play all the maps. If you don't mind playing only Emerald, it's totally free!

Post subject: h
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:16 am 
Ah thank you. Can Massive Assault Network play against Massive Assault players? Seems kinda redundant to have 2 of the same game with different pricing policies. $7 a month isn't bad for an online multiplayer game. Though, I'm not sure why there needs to be a monthly fee since there aren't really any server fees (guessing that wargaming.net doesn't host games since it doesn't need to). I don't know, something about paying a monthly fee without actually gaining an online service. A one time fee seems more appropriate with a pbem game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:00 am 
Sea Wolf

Yes, MAN and MA can play against each other with only two exceptions: the maps Crateus and Twin Islands, which are MAN-only.

Actually, there are server costs, both from the chat room and from the fact that MAN technically isn't play by e-mail since everything goes through their servers instead of over actual email. The fee also pays for the development costs of making the new maps and patches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:05 am 
Sea Wolf

For the money you get a new map every month, you get to play in any tournaments that are started if you want to, you can join a clan and fight in the clan wars, and you get to play against a wide variety of opponents at different levels of skill. Plus, if you buy the three or six months deals, then the price isn't that bad at all. With an online RPG, for example, you pay the company a ridiculous amount of money for the privilege of clicking your mouse button over and over again. Not much thought involved in that, it just turns into a reflex after awhile. With MAN, however, you actually have to think and apply your skills if you want to do well. And before some smart-ass mentions it, yes, I am aware that MAN also boils down to clicking your mouse over and over again.

I could also speak about online first person shooters, where you pay your money and can play for free. I could speak on the subject of people joining a team game, then not playing as a team: If I go into a CTF game, I expect to play CTF, dammit! But, never mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:10 pm 
Blizzard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:47 pm 
Sea Wolf

A) Blizzard has ads on BNet to help pay for it. Ads are annoying, and I would like to see MAN stay ad-free if at all possible.

B) Blizzard sells an absolutely unholy number of copies of their games, and thus has an even more ungodly amount of money to support their games with. WG.net doesn't sell nearly as many copies, doesn't even get paid for a good chunk of them, and thus are NOT one of the few companies that can compare to Blizzard's zillion-dollar bank account.

Oh, and if you think I don't know Blizzard, try looking in the StarCraft credits until you see "Operation CWAL". Then go to http://www.cwal.net and look up Legacy, my CWAL pen name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:15 am 
Sea Wolf

blzzard make amazing games :) just hope wow is gonna b good, not found a mmorpg i've stuck at for more than 6months yet, they just get too samey.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/