Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MA.. intriguing definitely... WORTH the cash?????
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:07 am 
Levy

I got the MAN demo, went thru it..

Played a few online games..

Definitely interesting..

But, is this honestly worth it on a per month cash deal?

i have played several other MMOs (i am not sure this counts, but they also charge per month so i am using those in this context).

Some seem to constantly add REAL QUALITY CONTENT and others just seek to drain your cash..

How about this game?

Are they giving you new and fun content? OR just sucking away your loot and throwing you a new map whenever they get around to it?

I mean rankings are nice and all, but at the end of the day, who is willing to pay cash to be called a Field Marshall/King/Lord of the MA every month?

I love wargames, and one of the things i love about wargames over other PC games is that i buy them, and thats it, i am not paying per month for patches, etc..

So, for those of you that are subscribing to MAN, and have tried other MMOs i would like to hear your thoughts.

One thing that does worry me is that i see less then 700 people as members of this forum. Now, of those, how many are subscribers? How many people are out there to play on a regular basis at peak times (whatever that is).

Thanks for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:05 pm 
Sea Wolf

They're putting out new patches and maps as fast as can be expected from an independant company charging $6-$7 each month. As far as I'm concerned, MAN is worth every cent, even if for no other reason than to play the other maps.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

I agree. MAN is definately worth the subscription. Why not try it out a couple months? Most people only focus on a game for a few months at a time, and most games cost 40-50$ nowadays. By paying a subscription, you get as much game time as you would with other games, but for a lot less money.

But thats just a monentary discussion. What you want to know is whether it is worth it. I believe that it is, as it is one of the most innovative and well balanced games ever produced, with layers of strategy and tactics that are unmatched, and just enough randomness to make each game different.

This game is truly a thinking person's game, and I find it hard to believe that any person that is interested in RTSs, Wargames, or Strategy Board games could be anything less than astounded at the depth of this game.

Then it comes to the graphics, which are stunning, and the level of support from the developers. Much of what is in MAN now has been suggested by us, and we regularly see the developers implement new features that us lowly players have asked for. The MAN website is amazing as well, with vast amounts of interesting information at your fingertips, as well as the ability to communicate with others in-game.

So yes, MAN is worth it, if only to try for a couple months. I believe if you match any criteria that I listed, you will stay much longer, and feel you've got your money's worth and then some.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

Oh BTW, one more monentary point: Its difficult to compare MAN to an MMO, since for those games you generally have to pay the price of a full game (40$+), and THEN a monthly fee that is up to double MAN's fee!

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Right now, it's just ticking into July without any sign of the June map. You might want to hold off and see if they really can churn out a map per month.

Myself, I invested in MA. I like this game online, but I don't think it's worth a monthly investment, so I went for the one off payment choice.