Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello I am new
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:00 am 
Levy

Hello,

I was surfing through www.mpogd.com and saw a review for this site. I vistied the site and looked at what you had to offer. This sounds like a lot of fun. I love turn based strategy games. Some of my favorites are Disciples 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic. Anyway I am downloading this game right now as I write this. Hopefully this game will be as fun for me as I expect it to be.

I have a few questions though. How often do people take turns on this game. Is it done daily or just whenever the next person is done. I will probably find that out soon. Also how long can you play for free. If I like the game I will probably subscribe, but I am curious as to how long the free version lasts. I have some friends who would probably like this kind of game as well and this information might help me convince them to play.

Sorry if I have asked too many stupid questions. Hope I can be an active part of your community.

Post subject: Re: Hello I am new
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:27 am 
Sea Wolf

ualji wrote:
Hello,

Hi!

ualji wrote:
I was surfing through www.mpogd.com and saw a review for this site. I vistied the site and looked at what you had to offer. This sounds like a lot of fun. I love turn based strategy games. Some of my favorites are Disciples 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic. Anyway I am downloading this game right now as I write this. Hopefully this game will be as fun for me as I expect it to be.

Well, I ended up buying the game after I realized I had spent two weeks playing a singleplayer demo back before MAN came along...

ualji wrote:
I have a few questions though. How often do people take turns on this game. Is it done daily or just whenever the next person is done. I will probably find that out soon.

It's whenever the next person is done. Turns usually come back roughly daily, but there's plenty of variation: some players only take a turn when the time limit's about to expire, but many (such as me) take them as often as possible. With MAN's built-in chat room, it's common to get a good run going where turns will come back in five or ten minutes.

ualji wrote:
Also how long can you play for free. If I like the game I will probably subscribe, but I am curious as to how long the free version lasts. I have some friends who would probably like this kind of game as well and this information might help me convince them to play.

You can play for free as long as you want! In fact, many players have played on a Trial (free) account for long enough to jump straight to the top of the standings when they finally subscribe.

ualji wrote:
Sorry if I have asked too many stupid questions. Hope I can be an active part of your community.

Your questions are much more intelligent than many I've run into...I've actually seen people shouting "OMFG, THIS IS TURN-BASED?!?!" when they get into MAN Chat :wink:

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:06 am 
Sea Wolf

It's PBEM-style game. How quick you and opponent send turns - that's how quick is your game.

Post subject: Re: Hello I am new
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:43 am 
Sea Wolf

ualji wrote:
If I like the game I will probably subscribe, but I am curious as to how long the free version lasts. I have some friends who would probably like this kind of game as well and this information might help me convince them to play.

I am confident that if you are interested in this genre at all, you will find Massive Assault Network to be an incredible and deep game. Just a note: The trial version that is free forever only has one map: Emerald. It is one of the smallest (though well designed) maps. It will be exciting and produces interesting games, but when you subscribe you'll have 9 more maps that really increase the value of this game.

When you have begun to really get into the game, you should also look into the clan system the player base has formed. This adds a whole new level of camaraderie and strategy to the game. There's also always a tournament to get into to test your mettle in the game.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:28 pm 
Levy

Wow! Ok I played throught the turorial and the senerio's last night after downloading the game. I found it to be very fun. Everything is very well balanced. My wife kept getting mad at me because I was getting sucked in, haha. Where does the time go.

I woke up this morning to play a single player on emerald and wow I must have gotten sucked in again because in no time at all I was almost late to work. I just had to do one more turn.

This game is awesome. I will probably play a few more games in single player and than go on to Online Multiplayer. I love how the game feels a lot like Chess or Shogi. Graphics are nice and game play is intuitive and fun.

I am already thinking of better strategies for my units. Playing on emerald where there is constant recruiting makes for a very interesting situation. Reminds me of when I used to play Shougi all the time. Thats a Japanese style chess for those that dont know.

Thanks again and hope to be challenging people online soon.

Thanks for the all the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:39 pm 
Levy

I just subscribed today. I really am enjoying this game. Feel free to send me challenges.

Post subject: welcome
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:31 am 
Tough Nut

hey

welcome to the game.

some fine points...... and hints.

do not try to bluff...... we can see inside your transports... and you cna see in ours.

try to intimidate.....

missle battierys work great at long range... do not park them near a zone line....where someone can on turn 3 pop a wall of lavs to kill them.

use transports effectiviely... if you can place them at the right spot..1 trans can effectily move about 12 units in 1 turn.

play everyone.... we all are diff... and have diff play styles... some dont talk much....some talk alot.... try to remember that sone peple play for fun... others have no life and play every game to win/heh/....

suggestion.... if a zone has no indemity if you lose it to the enemy.... then dont defend it...take your 4/8 points and flee.... he who runs away lives to fight another day... i see lots of players that make a stand and are not sending backup.... if your makin a stand.... just make sure its worth it.

also... if your losing badly or your placement sucks...surrender on turn 2.

sure you can learn a few things by losing and struggling.... but on some of the bigger maps... by turn 23 you should have a good idea where the game is going to end.

also.... do not refuse to finish a game, just because your losing.... sure if your game is timed out your oppent gets less points.... but.... dont have a ego trip about getting a loss on your stats.. a timeout is still considerd a loss on your stats... and ive lost over 150 games out of 400... so dont feel bad about losing a few.

see you in game!

life, be in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:52 am 
Sea Wolf

i'd agree with all of the points above bar the urrender if u don't like ur start.

Stick it out at least for about 10 turns, if u start really was tqaht bad then u'll lose by then anyway, else u might elarn soem new tactics etc. Once i'm sure i'm gonna lose a game i tend to try to concentrate on jsut 1 area of the map where i'm doing ok. I don't win by doing it but lets me try out some new tactics etc..

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:09 am 
Sea Wolf

Actually, I think a winner by time-out gets just as much points as a balance or surrender victory.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:19 am 
Sea Wolf

Yes, you get the same amount of points.