Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My impressions of MA (on the demo version)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:08 pm 
I got the demo 3 days ago and tryed it. I did the tutorials and now im playing alot on the only WorldWar map in the demo. For about the first 5 games i was getting owned so badly without knowing how the hell the AI did this untill i get the twist of it. I really like the gameplay its unique. I see it as a really big modifyed chess game. I would give a 8/10 fior the overall of the game tought. The AI should be more balanced for each Easy, Medium and Hard skills level. An otter thing that is a small thing but it bug me is the artwork and music. You know when the maps are loading and at the end of the game, the images look childish and the music look like some poor midi sound files.
Make the game more massive! I mean make it more so that an 18 year old guy like me doesnt feel like a 12 year old kid looking and listening at the end of a map and when loading a map.
Music is a big part of games. In Savage (an otter game) the music is normal and calm of normal situations. When your main base gets attacked, music changes for a more "hardcore" song to put you more into the feeling of the game.

This is my small impressions of the game (demo version) I really like the gameplay. Its new and unique and i would really like to see more work on the artwork and sounds.
Im planning on buying that game soon.

I hope some DEVs will take a look at this post. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:10 pm 
Levy

^
|

My post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:37 pm 
P.L. Marshal

well actually....if you spend some time reading this forum you will find here two types of posts
first - from new players - complaining about AI is soo touch and they can not defeat it :P
second - from experienced player - are yellings about AI being slow and stupid and about how boring is playing with AI winning 100% of time :D
here a pair of examples
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=296
and
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:41 pm 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
well actually....if you spend some time reading this forum you will find here two types of posts
first - from new players - complaining about AI is soo touch and they can not defeat it :P
second - from experienced player - are yellings about AI being slow and stupid and about how boring is playing with AI winning 100% of time :D

Well, *before* you become that *experience* player you have to gain that experience playing a good deal of hours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:20 pm 
Levy

Well i guess im the 3rd type :) I can compete with the AI but i dont win 100% of my games. I guess its just a matter of time. 8)
Ill msg you guys when i get the full game. :wink: