Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: whats up with gamestop?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:40 am 
Tough Nut

Yo!

So I tried the only gamestore in town to get MA. Gamestop, and they refuse to carry it, because their boss site or whatever has said the game is defective. What's up with that?

Thankfully, I ordered it of the official MA site.

madjoseph :evil

but what's up with gamestp--the idiots.

Post subject: gamestop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:52 am 
Tough Nut

I work at Gamestop and was very irked that we didn't carry this game. I wanted my discount! lol. Why is it Game Stop doesn't carry MA? Other than the fact that we carry less and less computer games that is.

Post subject: Re: whats up with gamestop?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:57 am 
Veteran

madjoseph wrote:
Yo!

So I tried the only gamestore in town to get MA. Gamestop, and they refuse to carry it, because their boss site or whatever has said the game is defective. What's up with that?

I have rarely seen a game that is more bug-free on release. Whatґs up with Gamestop? :-?

Are they American? Is it possibly now policy to boycott anything that doesnґt come from US? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:30 am 
Sea Wolf

Yeah, they got me bad too. I unfortunately didn't preorder the game (I wanted to see a review or two first), but I did go to Gamestop the day it was supposed to arrive in stores. I put 5$ down so they would let me know when it got in. They finally called me back 2 weeks later saying they decided not to stock it. I think they said something about demand not being high enough. Lame! So I had to wait another week to get the game from an online site.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:59 am 
Developer

Coffeedragon wrote:
madjoseph wrote:
Yo!

I have rarely seen a game that is more bug-free on release. Whatґs up with Gamestop? :-?

Are they American? Is it possibly now policy to boycott anything that doesnґt come from US? :lol:-/quote]

Here is the explanation:
The US production facility, which was producing and packaging the game's units (CD's, Manuals, boxes, etc) screwed up some about one hundred of the boxes, not putting the Online Activation Code inside the boxes.
That's why Matrix Games had to recall ALL the boxes (thousands of copies), while they were on the way to the stores and some of them already in the stores' warehoses...

All the boxes were called back and checked and missing codes inserted (there happened to be just as I mentioned a hundreds or so missing).

But that made GameStop's boss sort of "unhappy", as far as I know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:06 am 
P.L. Marshal

this looks like an intentional diversion
:evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:44 am 
Sea Wolf

Vic wrote:
The US production facility, which was producing and packaging the game's units (CD's, Manuals, boxes, etc) screwed up some about one hundred of the boxes, not putting the Online Activation Code inside the boxes.

Where is this production facility? On behalf of all Americans who enjoy Massive Assault, or would have enjoyed Massive Assault if they found it at Gamestop, I would like to go over there personally and give them a swift kick in the butt!

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:49 am 
Sea Wolf

I'm surprised they are not carrying it,never liked gamestop or ebgames too much anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:53 am 
Sea Wolf

At least EBGames has Massive Assault. At least they did, that's where I got it.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject: game stop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:26 pm 
Tough Nut

hehe. I work at game stop.
I do know that the company is getting away from computer games. I believe it makes less than 10% of their overall profit. So that is kinda understandable I guess. Still made me sad that i couldnt just pick up a copy at work. =( Oh well. And EBGames isn't Game Stop. EBGames is the competition, lol. Game Stop = FuncoLand, Babbages, and Software Etc. The only other reason besides the one mentioned about the trouble at the begining is we are owned by barnes and noble. So I blame it on them, lol.

Post subject: Re: game stop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:43 pm 
Developer

Catlyn99 wrote:
hehe. I work at game stop.
I do know that the company is getting away from computer games. I believe it makes less than 10% of their overall profit. So that is kinda understandable I guess. Still made me sad that i couldnt just pick up a copy at work. =( Oh well. And EBGames isn't Game Stop. EBGames is the competition, lol. Game Stop = FuncoLand, Babbages, and Software Etc. The only other reason besides the one mentioned about the trouble at the begining is we are owned by barnes and noble. So I blame it on them, lol.

Well, maybe that's why I prefer using Amazon.com for buying books
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:32 pm 
Sea Wolf

i know there's a difference between ebgames and gamestop that's why i listed both of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:07 pm 
I'm new to MA, haven't had the game a week yet, and I'm just starting to get into it. I was interested to read this thread, and the explanation to why it wasnt stocked in an American shop, (the activation code problem). Because my copy also did not have a code inside, and I'm in England. I bought mine from a shop called Game, who I guess would probably be the biggest PC games retailer in the UK. So if a proportion of their games have no code in, then that could seriously affect a lot of people. One thought occurred to me, and that is that Game bought Electronics Boutique, and I know that in the States there is a company with that name, so maybe some connection there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:17 pm 
Developer

Foxhound, please, fill the form at:
http://www.massiveassault.com/actcodes.php
And your problem with activation codes will be resolved quickly. I highly recommend you to try Massive Assault Online - the most exciting part of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:55 pm 
Thanks VaNO - I've already done that. My code was sent by email very quickly. And yes ive started playing online too, havent finished my first game yet. Won't be long though, Kitten must be playing round the clock, she is returning my game turns at all hours of the day. :D

Also I notice your reply to this post was within minutes. You guys must be really on the ball. Cheers !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:26 pm 
Gamestop/Babbages was always a rip off not to mention poor customer service. The EB over here had put Babbages out of business in more then one location. Their prices were always higher then EB and their return policy sucked. So Gamestop can basically shove it because I never buy my games from them anyway. Who likes to get ripped off? Not me! I like the good deals I find online at places such as gogamer.com. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:30 pm 
Oh, I forgot to mention, now I also like CompUSA for buying games. They have a very large selection and carry most titles, sometimes they have nice rebates and discounts also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:05 pm 
Gamestop is terrible. One opened less than a mile from my house so I tried to buy three different titles from them over a six month period. They got them in stock two weeks later than the competition or not at all, in the case of MA. CompUSA and BestBuy are not dependable when it comes to buying titles that are not as "main stream" as an FPS or RTS. Now EBGames gets all my business. It's a little further to drive but the prices are reasonable and they have the games I want.

Post subject: Missing activation code
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:05 pm 
Conscript

so thats why it was so hard to get the game in Sweden, i only found 2 places that had it. and when i got the game guess what, thats right no activation code. But the nice people at Massive Assault gave one to me so now im playing like hell.

Thanks for a great support and game.

Just have to add that when i was trying to get the game at my favorit gameshops, they never heard of it that cant be to good.