Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AI = easy to beat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:32 pm 
Right, so when I first downloaded the game I was all like "wow it kicks my ass every time."

But its easy to beat, a friend showed me a quick strat he came up with after a day

Just get every disclosure position with Artillery rockets first turn, 2 or 3 depending on the country. They'll get LAV's or something else, maybe some shiny mortars. If they bother attacking that turn, you can hold them off with guerilla LAVs and the missile launchers. Just pile up some Bombers in each city, replenish your LAVs to hold the line.
LAVs + rockets + bombers can take out so many enemy mortars, LAVs and tanks its not even funny. Hard AI didn't bother using their own missile launchers that much. Only threat I even had was enemy bombers.

I beat the hard AI on my first try with this, after dominating the easy AI using a different but quite similar method.

The AI can be hard on stacked scenarios, like the Back and Forth one, but not so much on World Wars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:48 pm 
Sea Wolf

sounds like u got the ai pegged :) wouldn;t advise using that tactic vs humans as they'd eat u alive with transports.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject: maybe
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:20 pm 
I get the impression that unloading and loading a transport is a two-turn operation, though, since it seems units can embark on one turn but can't disembark until the next. Just some thoughts.

Speaking of multiplayer, is it really that much different? I mean, the AI is painfully predictable. The AI doesn't even seem to invade neutrals unless it already has a gross advantage... all the hard did was amass all his forces towards me on a single front.

As for those who have the game, does having the naval units add a lot to the game? Its one of the points I've been thinking of

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

your half righta obut the transports, but a unit that can move 2 spaces (tank/robot) can move onto the transport, transport moves 5 spaces, robot/tank get's off and then fires.

As for multiplayer, i personally only buy games if they have multiplayer. All AI's just follow a set of basic programming rules so after a while they are predictable and usualy fairly easy to beat. But humans are completely different, everyone will have their own tactics, and u'll find all different skill levels. So for me multiplayer is what makes games last.

Sea units do add alot to the game, sea maps are alot harder (in my view) as u have to balance ur sea and land forces. If u enjoyed the game bfor u found the ai easy to beat and if u ahve time to spend on a game i'd buy it. The developers are always happy to listen to ideas and thir customer service is very helpful. And they are happy to play training games with you.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:23 am 
P.L. Marshal

2 guest -
Well,actually - you are right.AI in MA is pretty dumb and it is for training purposes only - giving you a basic idea of how to use the units....if you are able to beat AI without problems - consider you training finished and you ready for multiplayer.So get yourself a full version of game and join the online warfare.