Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hard AI Stalemate in Demo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:25 pm 
I didn't download the very latest Demo so excuse me if this problem is fixed in a later patch or in the actual game. I did look through the patch features and didn't see anything like this but maybe I missed it.

I just played a game(have a replay of it and a save) on the demo against a Hard AI, and I made a mistake with some indemnity funds and I also made another mistake in invading a country before I was really setup. Currently, the AI has 6 planes and I have 7, I have more countries than it and 233% influence, but neither of us has any units that can move!!! There is no draw, the game just sits there and I hit end combat, and its another combat round. I should really be given a win or a draw but nothing happens.

Is this sort of thing fixed in later patches or in the actual game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:42 pm 
P.L. Marshal

LOL
i've been playing MA for like 4 months but for the first time hear about such situation being possible.All i can suggest is just leave it alone and start another game.
and btw can you please log in and post the replay of this game i think everybody will be interested to look :roll:

Last edited by Mrakobes on Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:56 pm 
Developer

Yes, it is possible but is very rare. Such situation may be treated as draw, so as soon you have an advantage, my congratulation for both very rare case and almost victory :-)

Post subject: Replay for demo stalemate
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:54 pm 
Conscript

Here is the replay though for all I know, it may only work for the Massive Assault v.1.0.190 demo.

I also have two saves, at an earlier point when I went to bed and also at the point of the stalemate which I will post if someone requests it.

Obviously, I'm just going to leave it alone because there is nothing to be done. But I am annoyed that I have not won with my 233% balance, since there are only air units.

PS: I'm not very good, so don't laugh at my playing.

PSS: There is also something ridiculously dumb that the AI does near the end of the game thats kind of funny. Two corner provinces belong to red (I am green) and I send a single land unit toward each from opposite directions. The AI has 3 planes at one of these provinces and keeps sending them back and forth. But then at a point where I say to myself, well "At least I'll get one of the two provinces", the AI does the worst possible move and loses both provinces and all 3 of its planes.

Attachments:
File comment: Stalemate replay
stalemate.rep [88.95 KiB]
Downloaded 1173 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:26 pm 
Veteran

Peterius wrote:
I also have two saves, at an earlier point when I went to bed and also at the point of the stalemate which I will post if someone requests it.

you could just load up that earlier save and try again, if you still have units in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:40 pm 
Conscript

I could certainly do that, but I'd rather start a game from scratch some other time.

I posted this because it was a weird, rare happening, and I was wondering if it was sort of a bug that the game doesn't realize no one has land units and no one can ever recruit land units and end the game as either a draw or a victory for a 200+ balance player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:41 pm 
Sea Wolf

61 turns, wow. Should a similar situationa rrise again, try using a transport or 2, it'll save u many turns of getting blown aaprt by his planes while ur units move into his country. Feel free to challenge any of the top ppl for mentoring games, they'll show u how useful tranports can be too :)

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:45 pm 
Conscript

I am planning on buying the game, just not now, I have a lot of work to do. I should have removed the demo so it doesn't tempt me like that. ;-)

When I buy it, however, I'm very much looking forward to playing with all the naval units and learning how to play a little better with things like transports. That world editor looks pretty nifty too.