Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: unfinished games - after winning weekly lottery
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:34 pm 
Tough Nut

So as it stands , my week was up today 3-13-06 . i was at first pleased to be able to play other maps besides Eden , as I have been playing man2 for awhile now , and enjoy it very much .
My problem , is that a week is not enough time to finish games that are 7 to 14 day games . I now find myself unable to finish games that were started in man ( on maps other than Eden ) due to the expiration of the free week . I can understand not being able to start any new game other than the Eden map , when the week expired . But it is unfair for me not to be able to complete already in progress games , especially when I am in a position to win most of them , now the time will run out , and they will be counted as losses . IMHO these should be deleted so as not to count against me , if I dont have the chance to play to win , I should not be expected to suffer the losses either .
I would appreciate someone who has the authority to delete these games , please do so .
the games are listed in no particular order
#92396 - #92505 - #92417 - #92362 - #92398 - #92399 - #92397 - #92508 .
This is a total of 8 games , I should not have to suffer these losses , and had I known that this was going to happen , I never would have " accepted the honor " . :o

That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.

Post subject: Re: unfinished games - after winning weekly lottery
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:09 am 
Sea Wolf

LanceHunter wrote:
So as it stands , my week was up today 3-13-06 . i was at first pleased to be able to play other maps besides Eden , as I have been playing man2 for awhile now , and enjoy it very much .
My problem , is that a week is not enough time to finish games that are 7 to 14 day games . I now find myself unable to finish games that were started in man ( on maps other than Eden ) due to the expiration of the free week . I can understand not being able to start any new game other than the Eden map , when the week expired . But it is unfair for me not to be able to complete already in progress games , especially when I am in a position to win most of them , now the time will run out , and they will be counted as losses . IMHO these should be deleted so as not to count against me , if I dont have the chance to play to win , I should not be expected to suffer the losses either .
I would appreciate someone who has the authority to delete these games , please do so .
This is a total of 8 games , I should not have to suffer these losses , and had I known that this was going to happen , I never would have " accepted the honor " . :o

I can end the games in a draw.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:47 am 
Sea Wolf

Inna wrote:
LanceHunter wrote:

Hi Inna, please take a look at the game 92396 before finish it with a draw.
1)I have a great vantage (175%)
2)The time limit was 3 days
3)I suspect he was slow voluntarily with his turns

&...at all events everyone must be responsible about his times of playng, his games etc.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:19 pm 
Tough Nut

Thanks for the response , as for Guderian , let him have a win in that game , athough I have seen many 3 day games take two weeks or more to finish , and I didnt see the need to be in a hurry , as I never exceeded the 3 day limit , everyone has a life beyond gaming lol , or they should .
Too bad that for the last couple of months , MAN can't be opened up to existing players to play any of the maps , with say no new games to be started within the last 30 days .
I have enjoyed MAN immensley , and will not start anymore games , since it is really moot to continue , I shall finish what games I have that are on Eden , and move completely over to playing MAN2 , so Guderian I'll look for you over there lol .... It's fine with me to make the other 7 games a draw ............. thanks . 8)

That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:47 am 
Sea Wolf

guderian27 wrote:
Inna wrote:
LanceHunter wrote:

&...at all events everyone must be responsible about his times of playng, his games etc.

Thanks

I gave the victory to you ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:03 am 
Sea Wolf

LanceHunter wrote:
Thanks for the response , as for Guderian , let him have a win in that game , athough I have seen many 3 day games take two weeks or more to finish , and I didnt see the need to be in a hurry , as I never exceeded the 3 day limit , everyone has a life beyond gaming lol , or they should .
Too bad that for the last couple of months , MAN can't be opened up to existing players to play any of the maps , with say no new games to be started within the last 30 days .
I have enjoyed MAN immensley , and will not start anymore games , since it is really moot to continue , I shall finish what games I have that are on Eden , and move completely over to playing MAN2 , so Guderian I'll look for you over there lol .... It's fine with me to make the other 7 games a draw ............. thanks . 8)

All the other games have been finished in a draw.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:06 am 
Sea Wolf

Inna wrote:
guderian27 wrote:
Inna wrote:
LanceHunter wrote:

Thanks

I gave the victory to you ;)

Thank you Inna, ......it was just a question of honesty :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:15 am 
Tough Nut

Good day Inna, I just sow this post and I'm not agree with Lance hunter concerning finishing game #92417 as a draw. My advantage is clearly expressed there, so please complete this game as my victory or leave this game as is and I will complete it by myself due to time limit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:26 am 
Sea Wolf

IvanKZ wrote:
Good day Inna, I just sow this post and I'm not agree with Lance hunter concerning finishing game #92417 as a draw. My advantage is clearly expressed there, so please complete this game as my victory or leave this game as is and I will complete it by myself due to time limit.

Hmmm...we tried to restore it...
Please connect to the server, the game should appear in your list. Then finish it yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:28 pm 
Tough Nut

[b][i] well , lets see , that makes it 2 losses for me , and 6 draws , is that correct ? or will this be an ongoing debate for awhile ? Had this situation been reversed I might have had a few wins coming myself , hard to determine with only 6 or 7 turns made , some games fewer than that .
And I'd appreciate Guderian keeping his opinions of my honesty to himself , he got the win , so no need to slander me .
I must say this has been quite an experience , to be awarded the opportunity to play other maps , with no sort of disclaimer that all games must be completed within the week time period . This sort of problem has had to arise over the years , I find it incredulous that I am the first to encounter this situation . Seems to me that a better way would have been a certain number of games that could have been played , rather than a time limit , especially when the winner of the lottery has no control over the frequency of other players making their turns . It's been more frustrating ........ than fun :roll: