Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Turn Corruption
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:27 pm 
Tough Nut

The two interfaces are not updating each other.
If I complete a game in MA and then go to MAN I get a download of the original, unfinished turn. Even if I wait an hour or more.
If this turn is also sent it causes a "this game is corrupted" message next time I download my game files.
I have been able to repair the files so far but maybe a tag needs to be added to the game files showing which interface they were started on or someway to insure the two interfaces are synchronized.

I also sent this with my .log files as a Bug Report

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:53 am 
Developer

MA and MAN are not compatible to work with one profile simultaneously. You should choose MA or MAN to play in your profile. You may switch from MA to MAN and vice versa only be full profile restore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:48 pm 
Tough Nut

I restored my profile using MAN, one problem;
in games #3662 vs Wanderer and #3713 vs rockie there is a major problem. The game does not show aircraft in cities or on carriers and if the carriers are moved, one aircraft appears where the carrier originally was. Also the embark/debark icons for transports and the attack/damage icons will not appear over a target. The game would freeze during playback of the previous turn( had to hit the skip button) and lockup at the end of my combat turn( only way to close the application was through task. man.)
The only way I could play the turns was to download using MA. This is going to require a restore every time I want to play someone from the original MA games?

I tried including a screen capture but PSP7 will not read it saying it is an invalid JPEG??? and unedited it is too big for the forum upload

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:25 am 
Developer

MAN beta has some bugs with aircrafts, especially not patched one. Try latest MAN beta patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:25 pm 
Tough Nut

I have the latest patch v194, Hrmm... I'll check with the other layers and see what they are running.