Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MA doesn't get new graphics?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:54 am 
Greetings,
I recently purchased MA for 39.99, and I typically play Hot-seat mode with my girlfriend. I was kind of bummed out to find out that merely weeks after purchasing MA, MANet is being released with nicer textures.

Is it true that MA won't be patched at some point with the new textures? I feel a little left out in the cold, especially after paying 39.99, which is almost 6 months worth of MANet access.

It would be nice if MANet had hotseat mode too, because even if they offer a discount to MANet for MA owners, I don't think I should have to purchase 2 subscriptions to play a turnbased game with two people in my same household.

Mark Blanco
markblanco@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:25 pm 
Sea Wolf

Then don't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:49 pm 
Three Seven wrote:
Then don't.

Thank you very much for that totally unhelpful post. I'm going to assume that most of the other people here aren't as sophmoric as you 'Three Seven'.

I think I'm very well within my rights to voice my concern over what looks to be a possible abandonment of MA for MANet. I purchased MA primarily to play hot-seat mode, which it supports. I have no complaint there. However, now that MANet is being released, it seems that efforts to upgrade the engine are only being directed at MANet. This was my concern.

I didn't come to this forum to flame either the game or the developers. I simply offered a suggestion for the beta (putting hotseat mode in), asked a question about the release version (will MA be patched with the MANet textures), and then commented that I felt two people in the same house playing on the same computer against each other shouldnt have to pay 2 subscription fees to enjoy the newer, updated game - Your reply of 'Then Dont' neither provided helpful advice or answered my question of whether or not my concern was founded.

Mark Blanco
markblanco@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:38 am 
Sea Wolf

I've asked this same question, regarding textures, over on the MA forums. I have yet to receive a reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:00 pm 
Tough Nut

Not sure if this will help or not but MA did receive a patch or two. They're available at http://www.massiveassault.com/ There was some graphics changes with one of the patches. Ignore Three Seven, as it seems he has assumed the title of resident troll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:53 am 
Sea Wolf

Those changes were to unit and city graphics, rather than land textures.