Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:19 pm 
Levy

It would be great if a single scenario could be played at different difficulty levels in single-player. That way a player could start out at the easy level on a few different scenarios, then work their way up to harder difficulties. As it is now, a new player can really only play the first scenario or two. Once the player gets good, they really can't go back to those initial scenarios since they're too easy. (ignoring the "tutorial" aspect of the initial maps)

This would let map makers provide one theme or plot idea for a scenario, but allow players of varying skill levels to play their scenario. If they wanted to make a scenario that's only playable as "Hard", they could still do so--but they could decide instead to enable players to play on "Easy" too.

It seems like this could be accomplished by providing different starting UNIT configurations for each difficulty level.

I am new to Massive Assault, so maybe this really isn't a concern for folks because they like multi-player so much. I enjoy single-player turn-based games too, though, so I thought I'd suggest it.

Thanks,
Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:30 pm 
Sea Wolf

i really like teh single player because oyu don't have to wait for someone to send the turn.

also i don't think that owuld work on the tutorails since most maps are based on a senario (spell check).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]