Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Judging from demo, this is one fine game!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:43 pm 
I never played anything like this before. Its a nice relief to play something that is TBS with nice 3D graphics of RTS games. I done ok on the training scenarios but that world war, I can't beat it for the life of me. Very challenging! So to sum it up this is some good stuff and I WANT MORE! So I may get a gift certificate or two for christmas and I will use that to pick up the full version then I will have more. :) I have got to try out some of those naval scenarios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:29 pm 
You can change the map names in the demo and play the 2 other maps, thus getting to play with ships.

Try using transports when playing those worldwar maps, the AI doesn't and if you survive the opening turns... you'll win cause it takes the AI so long to move around the map without using transports.

And don't underestimate those cheapo units, they are good blockers... I got so owned the first couple of times I played. Cause I didn't realise the importence of blocking your borders with those 1$ units.

Well sometimes it can be useful to let them "invade" as well (but only with one unit so you can kill it at once) thus letting you spend your "guerilla" cash to buy some additional troops quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:40 pm 
Developer

Divvy wrote:
You can change the map names in the demo and play the 2 other maps, thus getting to play with ships.

Try using transports when playing those worldwar maps, the AI doesn't and if you survive the opening turns... you'll win cause it takes the AI so long to move around the map without using transports.

Well, those map name changing is a sort of ... well, not quite what it is in the original version.
The Secret Allies distribution for each maps are different - including the number of those Secret Allies. And naturally, on bigger maps (like Anubis) there are MORE Secret Allies in the original version, including those HIGH economy countries. Which makes a World War on each planet a unique affair and spirit and feel.