Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Knockout tourney for leaders
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi all,

I am going to run a short knockout for the top 8 players from the swiss. Each round will consist of a pair of battles (PL/FNU) on the same map. 3 day turn limit - ties split under the least turns rule. (See 1st MA tourney for details). Please post your MAN login if you would like to play.

Entries close: Monday August 23rd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:44 am 
Veteran

Norat. I'm in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:50 am 
Supreme Marshal

I'll be glad to take part (if it will be possible with my place).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:03 am 
Veteran

I would play, if somebody from higher positions doesnt want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:34 am 
Levy

While I would be very happy to take part, I have had to struggle to complete turns the last couple of weeks, and it will probably be a couple of more before I get a stable internet connection again. So you will either have to accept a crappy response time from me or invite someone else to take my place (GuerrillaZ).

Thanks for a great tournament btw.

/Smilo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi Smilodon,

Its up to you - at the moment we only have 6 including you - lets see how we do!
Rocklizard
Norat
Smilodon
mwigor
GuerrillaZ
Tiger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:37 am 
Sea Wolf

Vixen. I will be glad to take part too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:02 am 
Veteran

Pitor. Im in too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:57 am 
Veteran

Just to clarify rules (quoted from 1st MA tournament and slightly edited):
Quote:
1. 1/4 Final: 4 pairs are randomly selected out of 8 Group Stage winners. Each pair plays 2 games (switching sides) on Noble Rust or(?) Anubis planet.

2. 1/2 Final: 2 pairs are randomly selected out of 4 1/4 winners. Each pair plays 2 games (again, switching sides) on Wasserland or(?) Anubis planet.

3. The Final: 2 winners of the 1/2 Final play 2 games (switching sides) on New Paradise planet.

4. The losers of the 1/2 Final will fight 2 games (switching sides) on New Paradise planet for the third place.

5. Won game at any stage brings 3 points. Lost game brings 0 points.

6. There is a 3-day limit for making one turn. The violators will be automatically considered to lose the game, if he doesn't make his/her turn within 3 days it is received.

Note 1: Of course, the players are advised to make their turns as quickly as possible.

Note 2: Massive Assault Community appreciates the principles of fair play and gamesmanship. Artificial delays in making turns and thus bringing the game to unfair draw are considered to be a "bad" and "coward" behavior.

7. In case of really excusable turn delay, please, email to the Moderator (preferably BEFORE the delay takes place) and explain your reasons. MWigor will be the judge for such situations.

8. Each stage has a 3-week time limit (after the stage is officially announced). If a game is not finished within this time limit, it is counted as a draw and both players get 1 point.

9. If a battle is not finished during 3 weeks, but one player has obvious advantage, he/she should send the game's replay to the Moderator, and he will make the decision.

10. If a participant wants to drop off the tournament, he should email to the moderator.

11. If two players got the same amount of points, the winner is determined by the following factors (listed in decreasing importance order):

a) The total number of turns (the winner is the player that achieved the win in the fewer number of turns).

b) The score of personal encounters (i.e. points collected in the games between these two players during this and previous stages).

c) The cumulative difference (measured in unit cost) between destroyed units achieved during personal encounters.

d) The cumulative cost of all units lost in all battles in the Pool.

e) The cumulative cost of all the surviving units achieved during personal encounters.

f) The cumulative cost of all remaining units in all battles in the Pool.

MWigor: am I correct? Planets, time limit?
About 11a: Are lost battles counted too? Are battles in progress counted? Does Total mean all battles in CURRENT stage or all played stages?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:58 am 
Sea Wolf

Sorry the first MA tournament reference was just for the least turns rule!

It will just be two battles in each round. And I was thinking the new map might be a nice place for the QF.

ie in the event of each player winning one battle. Tie breaks are.

i) Player who won in least turns
ii) Cost of units destroyed
iii) Cost of surviving units

MW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:46 am 
Veteran

Corrected, please confirm it:
Quote:
1. 1/4 Final: 4 pairs are randomly selected out of 8 participants. Each pair plays 2 games (switching sides) on Butterfly planet.

2. 1/2 Final: 2 pairs are randomly selected out of 4 1/4 winners. Each pair plays 2 games (again, switching sides) on same planet. Planet isn't determined yet.

3. The Final: 2 winners of the 1/2 Final play 2 games (switching sides) on same planet. Planet isn't determined yet.
The losers of the 1/2 Final will fight 2 games (switching sides) on planet for Final for the third place.

4. Won game at any stage brings 3 points. Lost game brings 0 points.

5. There is a 3-day limit for making one turn. The violators will be automatically considered to lose the game, if he doesn't make his/her turn within 3 days it is received.
In case of really excusable turn delay, please, email to the MWigor (preferably BEFORE the delay takes place) and explain your reasons. MWigor will be the judge for such situations.

6. Each stage has a 3-week time limit (after the stage is officially announced). If a game is not finished within this time limit, it is counted as a draw and both players get 1 point.
If a battle is not finished during 3 weeks, but one player has obvious advantage, he/she should send the game's replay to the MWigor, and he will make the decision.

7. If two players got the same amount of points, the winner is determined by the following factors (listed in decreasing importance order):

i) Player who has the least turns/battles rate for won battles (Won battles from current stage are counted only. Lost battles, battles in progress, adjudicated battles and battles from previous stages are NOT counted).
ii) Cost of units destroyed (Player's won battles from current stage are counted only).
iii) Cost of surviving units (Player's won battles from current stage are counted only).
If nobody has won battles, then adjudicated battles and battles in progress are counted for ii and iii, but rule i skipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:08 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi Norat,

Thanks for your efforts!

Had intended this to be for fun with no time limit for stages just for turns - if we play the first round on Butterfly it could all be over very quickly!

MW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:12 am 
Sea Wolf

Norat wrote:
Corrected, please confirm it:
Quote:
1. 1/4 Final: 4 pairs are randomly selected out of 8 participants. Each pair plays 2 games (switching sides) on Butterfly planet.

IMHO it is better to play first stage on Crateus (or even Anubis or Noble Rust), because Crateus less depends on SA disposition (=chance) and more on players tactical/strategical skills than Butterfly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:27 am 
Sea Wolf

Entrant list finalised
Rocklizard
Norat
Smilodon
Vixen
mwigor
Pitor
GuerillaZ
Tiger

Rocklizard has elected to play Smilodon.
Norat please advise your choice of opponent.

Cheers, mwigor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:11 am 
Veteran

I would like to fight against Vixen.

Post subject: QF Draw
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:39 am 
Sea Wolf

The last two pairing are on the basis of finishing position in the swiss so . . .

Rocklizard v Smilodon
Norat v Vixen
mwigor v Tiger
Pitor v GuerrillaZ

Rocklizard will choose which QF will provide the opponent for the winner of his QF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:21 am 
Sea Wolf

Rocklizard has selected the Pitor v GuerrillaZ QF to provide the semi-final opponent for the winner of his battle with Smilodon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:41 am 
Veteran

Don't really like playing first round on Butterfly, Crateus is way better map, but oh well, let's see what i got there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

GuerrillaZ wrote:
Don't really like playing first round on Butterfly, Crateus is way better map, but oh well, let's see what i got there...

For what its worth I completely agree with you. I discussed at length with Rocklizard whether or not to use Butterfly - while we agree that PL should always win on Butterfly - we think that the least turns rule makes all maps interesting!

Cheers, MW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:43 pm 
Sea Wolf

Tiger has beaten me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next