Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Time limit policy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:35 pm 
Sea Wolf

Some questions have come up recently regarding the timeout policy for the clan war, so I decided to outline the policy for the Orion War here.

To be blunt, I will not officially enforce requests for extra time...a timeout win will be just as much a win as a surrender or a balance victory. This is for two reasons: 1) to keep me from being stressed to the point of being unable to run the war, and 2) to keep the war moving by preventing abuse.

However, I do realize that shit happens that makes you unable to play for a while, and that timeouts will tend to cause bad blood no matter how justified. So, I will do this: if a player (or his clan) asks me to send out a message to his opponents asking for more time, I'll use the tournament manager to do so.

The vast majority of MA players are examples of good sportsmanship, and will probably honor a request for a reasonable delay. Those who ignore such a request will get their win, but I think that they will find themselves - and possibly their entire clan - more likely to be timed out by their opponents.

I think that this is an area where the players themselves are the best enforcers, but if it turns out I'm wrong...well, this is a beta test, after all, and the rules can easily be changed to something that works.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:35 pm 
Sea Wolf

For the Andromeda war, I'm not going to be quite as Draconian about timeouts ;) Yes, I think these situations could be abused, but I'm going to try a softer approach.

My general approach is that people should give others the time they specifically request for. That means that those that need extra time must make sure to go through the right channels to get the extra time.

So here is how it works: If you need time off, do the following:
1) Send messages to each player you are fighting battles with for the clan war. Tell them how long you need.
2) Email or have your clan leader email clanwar@gmail.com about the length of time you will need.

If these two timeout request rules are followed, and the opponents respect the message, there will be no problems. If the request rules aren't followed, I cannot do anything about those games, and the timeout stands. If they are followed, and the opponent times it out anyways, I reserve the right to restart the game and give bad karma to the offender ;), so don't do it!

For these rules to work, everyone needs to know about them. Make sure all your clan mates understand.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

Please also note that this will essentially be another test of the game rules so that we can better decide which version (or which compromise of the two) to use for the future.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]