Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any modding effort for this series?
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:29 am 
Levy

Hi all,

new to the series, just d/l the demo.

has there ever been any sort of concerted modding effort for this game? (referring more to the older titles, this one's a bit new still)

This type of game just seems like it would lend itself very well to modding. Most of the mechanics and core gameplay is simple enough to be applicable to a lot of different themes. (from a conversion standpoint)

It looks like (from a cursory examination) that most of the files are pretty user friendly and moddable. At least the scl files and lua files all appear to be simple text that can be edited in notepad. For example, I've already figured out how to change length of resources, number of secret allies, play as phantom league, etc. in the demo. (which you aren't really supposed to do, so I'll refrain from mentioning how for the sake of the moderators)

I've poked about the web a bit but couldn't find any other forums dealing with the game, does all of the discussion happen here? Has no one tried modding game parameters, sounds, or throwing in new gfx yet?

Cheers.