Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Option to turn off extended animations?
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

Domination Looks Great

I've been trying out the various singleplayer options in Domination, and must say, it is a very fun game. Classic MA/MAN gameplay but even better. :-) I look forward to playing multiplayer soon.

A Feature Request

I do have one feature request from my limited play experience so far. Basically, I would like to have an option to turn off some of the longer unit movement animations in Domination, such as when units enter a transport. I prefer the quick animationless method of MA/MAN here, simply because I find it tedious to wait for this animation hundreds and hundreds of times as one loads and unloads transports, which is such a common activity. I find that I'm often clicking ahead of the animation and would prefer that it keep up.

Similarly, the animation for moving helicopter units, and especially for loading the PL helicopter transport, takes far too long for my taste. It is also somewhat confusing how the PL transport helicopter has to move to pick up a unit. I understand the desire to make things more realistic, but I'd like to be able move helicopter units with a much shorter animation, and load them into transports with an immediate "clunk/poof" in MA/MAN style or at least with a much shorter animation there too.

Anyone else feel the same way here? How feasible is a "quick animation" option in the future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:44 pm 
Veteran

I agree with you especially regarding loading of choppers. Any animation should end as soon as you click the mouse. I think it did that in MA (?) because I find myself right-clicking all the time to end animations :lol: And yes why do the chopper fetch the unit to transport when it is the transported unit that lose a move point? Why don't it move under it? Ah yes because the chopper may be over sea...
Also, if it is over a forest area and for example a tank has used one move point, the tank will actually not be able to move under it.
That is weird, but I guess it's the best way.

Anyway, I think animations will finish if you give another unit an order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:07 am 
Supreme Marshal

If you have account on Amazon and see Domination, but don't agree with current review on the page:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=229534
Please, vote and support our game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:11 pm 
Tough Nut

I totally second that. Id like to buy the game, but will not untill an option to override the animations is in the game, like it does in MAN.

Sorry, i dont mean to sound picky guys, but that got head bangingly frustrating after about 5 demo games.

xcomcommander