Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It's arrived
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:34 am 
Sea Wolf

got in yesterday from work and it was there waiting for me. Yay.

Anyway 1st impressions:
Visually impressive, camera movements during comps turn is nice. The comp is better but still not great. Campains are nice and hard is actually hard on some of the maps (exodus for example) until u work out how todo it anyway. Single player is very nice with the different modes u can play on. Having fun on carear mode, 5hp lavs are sweet. And the fact u have to buy the ability to build units.

Bad points:
voice/script (but we knew that alrdy)
game can get quite laggy after playing for a few hours, some problem with unused data stuck in memory? Quitting the game and restarting it seems to help with this.
The games crashed to desktop twice so far.
3 times now I've had the gme is broken please restore it? How do u restore a single player game?? This a common problem or something wrong with my config?

If we could get carear and/or assault mode in multiplayer the game would be worth paying online to play, but atm multiplayer is too similar to man/ma to pay extra for.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:31 am 
P.L. Marshal

Career and Assault in multiplayer?do you really think this is possbile?
FIrst of all i dont think that Assault will be used by majority of players - because it is basically single player think.In multiplayer playing for defensive side would be boring like hell - you just deploy stationary units like towers and pillboxes and then wait while opponent moves in your range.So i doubt you find many opponents to oppose you.
About multiplayer career - well i also suggested this like year ago but the problem is that it will require making new system of rating specifically for career because if career use existing rating it will be total insanity...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:41 am 
Sea Wolf

i suggested in another thread taht in multiplayer assault u'd have a very heavily defended base in the midde and the players would deploy on opposite sides of this base, 1st to take the middle/destroy somethign in the middle wins. They could even get a small deployment zone beween the opponent's main drop zone and the enemy to try to delay them for as long as possible.

Quite a few of the scenarios are defending scenarios, which could be changed into assault type games between 2 players (with one defending)

As for the career mode yes it would require some work but it would make the game alot better multiplayer wise and add another layer of strategy to the basic game. Each player would get a set ammount of points to spend on skills before deploying.

But like I've been saying for ages the game needs something new multiplayer wise.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/