Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which do you prefer? FNU or PL
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:43 pm 
Conscript

I like the new units in domination, they bring an extra dimension to the battles and open up more tactical option. Originally I felt FNU had the advantage of the new units - battle platforms and choppers are awesome in dense terrain and make it much easier to focus your firepower. After having played a bit more tho I came to really appreciate the abilites of PL transport copters. Being able to drop in behind enemy lines with a bot / tank is powerful and can lead to very quick takeover of enemy territories.

FNU naval options are superior, especially since choppers and battle-platforms can also fight at sea. Subs are fast and great for chasing down transports. PL get leviathans which are fast and pack a lot of firepower, but at $10 they are very expensive. Im not sure they're worth it.

PL Bullfrogs dont appeal to me a whole lot. Their inability to get transported (except naval) makes them slow and I often feel Im not getting value for money out of them. I've seen them used effectively on defense however.

Overall I think FNU have slightly superior unit selection but the balance is close. What do other think?

Post subject: I preffer FNU
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:54 am 
Conscript

I preffer the FNU by far.
The combination of the rocket launcher and the platform creates the most powerful support weapon in the game (except for a fully loaded AC but we're talking a 12$ difference here!). Once you mount a rocket launcher on a platform you get a unit that has a move+hit value of 7, no terrain penalty and the ability of amphibious movement! How can you beat that???
The copters are sxtremely useful. They're fast and can move over anything. They're perfect for outflanking enemy defence lines, sending overseas support and bringing in reinforcements from the rear.