Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thanks for those ppl telling me the problem in forum!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:19 pm 
Conscript

First I have to thanks to those ppl that telling me about the problem they facing before I going to buy. If I not going to forum then I may already buy the game and have to face the same problem with you all.

From forum, I found that from MA-MAN-Domination have a lot of problem.
Such as patch problem(buy MA game but cannot complete single mission.
Need to play multiplayer had to apply another patch. Keep switching patch because of want to play single and multiplayer? Oh this is first time I heard about this. MA come out quite long time and still can't fix it to stable/runner version. (A lot of other games come out patch to balance the game but MA no need to do balance thing, is just need to fix the bug then why still keep supporter waiting so long?

Then also another "minor" problem is aircraft flying bug, is that very hard for them to fix? Need a lot of time? Need to change a lot of code? I think that bug exist for quite long time already, still cannot fix? It is so sad that always need to reset PC when forget that plane is flying and click undo.
:(

Then MAN problem, yah too few maps for subscribe ppl. Ppl keep pay money to support but they always get nothing in return. This will destroy the supporter loyalty.

Then now is domination time. I think aircraft problem is very hard to fix. This game still have the problem. Unbelieveble that from MA-MAN-Domination still cannot fix the problem. (Maybe I am not a developer so I don't know how hard to fix it.)

Finally, I heard someone say about starforce. That is trojen thing. It come without let you know. I will not willing to pay money to buy something that cause my burner and desktop cannot function well. Pay money and need to adjust my pc thing is not acceptable just only to play this game. This starforce had take our "Freedom" from using our own PC. No one can stop freedom. (Sorry, I had play too much "freedom force vs third reich)

I suggest that developer and publisher had to consider on their loyal supporter first before do anything.If not it is like "throw stone on own foot". Now the situation is this, pirate game is keep going and not easy to stop. Starfoce can stop pirate? I don't think so but starforce can stop loyal supporter to buy the game? (Yes, the mess that come with starfoce can stop people to buy game not stop ppl to pirate game) so I say it is "throw stone on oen foot"). For this kind of game, the more people playing, the more people will going to join in.(becos play with ppl will always better than play with computer's AI). If becos of starforce and stop ppl for going to buy the game then it will less ppl playing then this is not good for domiantion to grow.

For map/scenario editor, it is good if they can come out too. A lot of game can going for so long after release is because of their modding/editor tool.
(such as warcraft,starcraft......starcraft now still got new patch after release so long. While warcraft patch often is for balancing.)
These games got editor and a lot of fans come out good map to keep the game life. (such as dday/dota in warcraft 3).

Anyone ,I had wait and see how is the domination keep going, if the bug solved and ppl come out solution for starfoce mess, I may consider to buy this game. If the problem still cannot solve then I have to use that money on other valueble game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:01 am 
Developer

Quote:
Need to play multiplayer had to apply another patch. Keep switching patch because of want to play single and multiplayer? Oh this is first time I heard about this. MA come out quite long time and still can't fix it to stable/runner version. (A lot of other games come out patch to balance the game but MA no need to do balance thing, is just need to fix the bug then why still keep supporter waiting so long?

Then also another "minor" problem is aircraft flying bug, is that very hard for them to fix? Need a lot of time? Need to change a lot of code? I think that bug exist for quite long time already, still cannot fix? It is so sad that always need to reset PC when forget that plane is flying and click undo.

Unfortunately, the above said about switching patches is just the fact. The game is being tested for not a single month BEFORE being released. Sometimes fixing one bug leads to another that developers are not aware of - and when you've started working on new project it's quite hard to spend several extra months working on fixes of previous game. The above-mentioned scheme tells you how to avoid minor flaws in both sinlgeplayer and multiplayer parts.

Quote:
Then MAN problem, yah too few maps for subscribe ppl. Ppl keep pay money to support but they always get nothing in return. This will destroy the supporter loyalty.

We have around dozens of maps to play on. But maps is not the ONLY factor to pay for: being subscribed player you're able to take a part in clan wars, tournaments and get both virtual and real awards for such activity. We have recently developed new award system in MAN and winners of tournaments have been always getting prizes in form of extended subscription.

We’re thinking about developing new model for subscribed multiplayer section in Domination, so such maps-issue won’t arise there at all.

Quote:
Then now is domination time. I think aircraft problem is very hard to fix. This game still have the problem. Unbelieveble that from MA-MAN-Domination still cannot fix the problem. (Maybe I am not a developer so I don't know how hard to fix it.)

In Domination there’s NO aircraft problem at all. You must have misunderstood something.

Quote:
Finally, I heard someone say about starforce. That is trojen thing. It come without let you know. I will not willing to pay money to buy something that cause my burner and desktop cannot function well. Pay money and need to adjust my pc thing is not acceptable just only to play this game. This starforce had take our "Freedom" from using our own PC. No one can stop freedom. (Sorry, I had play too much "freedom force vs third reich)

I suggest that developer and publisher had to consider on their loyal supporter first before do anything.If not it is like "throw stone on own foot". Now the situation is this, pirate game is keep going and not easy to stop. Starfoce can stop pirate? I don't think so but starforce can stop loyal supporter to buy the game? (Yes, the mess that come with starfoce can stop people to buy game not stop ppl to pirate game) so I say it is "throw stone on oen foot"). For this kind of game, the more people playing, the more people will going to join in.(becos play with ppl will always better than play with computer's AI). If becos of starforce and stop ppl for going to buy the game then it will less ppl playing then this is not good for domiantion to grow.

Oh, we don’t consider StarForce being an issue at all. It is supposed to work well on all the CDs and we haven’t faced any complaints on its performance yet. In any case, it works perfect to stop the piracy and we did the game to earn money, not to freely distribute it. You can download the Demo version and decide whether you want to play Domination or not.

Best Regards,
Nick.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for those ppl telling me the problem in forum!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:26 am 
Sea Wolf

bettylim1979 wrote:
From forum, I found that from MA-MAN-Domination have a lot of problem.

MA is the best in its genre. Look for the problems and you'll never know this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:48 am 
Conscript

"Oh, we don’t consider StarForce being an issue at all. It is supposed to work well on all the CDs and we haven’t faced any complaints on its performance yet. In any case, it works perfect to stop the piracy and we did the game to earn money, not to freely distribute it. You can download the Demo version and decide whether you want to play Domination or not.

Best Regards,
Nick."

Um... Nick.. There are two threads complaining about star force issues. My own, where my anti-virus software (SAV corp 9.0) was damaged. Another where someone's dvd burning software was tampered with.

I guess it's pretty easy to think there are no issues when you simply ignore the issues your customers are having.

Oh yeah, I checked, there IS a cracked version of massive assault (the previous game to domination) running around. Star Force did nothing. I bet the only reason domination isn't cracked yet is just because it has so small of an audience.

Anyway, I'm taking the game back today, wish me luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:08 pm 
Conscript

I beg to differ, there IS an Bomber-bug; it's a fact; I've expierenced it a dozen+ times now, as have untold others. The fact that you are a "developer" and are either ignorant or denying the problem (I don't know which is worse) is even more troubleing than the bug itself.

Bettylim: Your english may not be so good, but your feelings are reflected not just by other people on the forums, but the reviewers themselves (like GameSpy for example).

Yes, "shooting themselves in the foot" is a good analagy of this games situation at this time. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:48 pm 
Sea Wolf

Altho i'm a devoted fan of MA/MAN, am sorry to say I've just cancelled my my advance order for domination. The chance of me not running into at least one of the bugs isn't worth the risk. Here's hoping the bugs get fixed soon.

One thing tho is why wasn't the game properly tested before release? Almost all games have some kind of beta test phase, the best of which have testers chasen from volunteers (as the companies some developers hire out to test games tend to miss 50% of the bugs, donno how.) Unless of course there was some kind of secret beta test in which case i withdraw the question :)

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:47 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have not run into a Bomber bug on Domination MA:PR. What is it that you have to do for this bug to happen?

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:40 am 
Sea Wolf

i heard it's something todo with telling a bomber to move to the city it was based in. (not sure how that works)

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:01 am 
Supreme Marshal

ChrisCraven wrote:
I have not run into a Bomber bug on Domination MA:PR. What is it that you have to do for this bug to happen?

I've played in MAPR more than half year and didn't see any bugs with Bombers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:39 am 
Conscript

wao, domination is just release about 1 month, how can you play it for more than half year?
is that domination already finish developed at last year and then using about 6 month to fix bugs before release it out?
are you developer? You test the game before release out? Then it should be stable release for domination.

About starforce, these few day still got people talk about it. Seem that from this forum, after people know that there is starfoce bundle with the game, the game supporter that decide not to buy is keep increasing.(dunno about other that only view forum and not post out is how many)
So can you see that starforce problem in hitting your own foot? I know there are a group number of game supporters like the idea of this game and willing to support its idea and creativity but if that come with mess to them, it is very hard for them to keep support.

I know starforce is to protect developer and publisher. No one will say you cannot protect your creativity and work but no matter using what method to protect, it must not give the mess to end user.
I don't know whether starforce can protect the game from being pirate or not.(now I don't know is that any pirate copy for Domination go around or not but I don't think starforce can do well on prevent the pirate) If starforce can do so well, then there will be no more pirate of any other game in the world. Company like microsoft/blizzard still not able to prevent it. They maybe able to reduce but not prevent all. So to help them survive, they make they product better to attract more buyer. (They not put starforce with them) I don't know what happen if next time when we running windows XXX, because of starforce we need to put cd inside.
:)
With more buyer, they still can earn a lot although the pirate issues still steal the money from them. (anyone can tell me that is that until now, the game with starforce had not been crack down by cracker and publish out the copy?)
I think there is only a few of people that playing pirate game will buy original if there is no pirate version for that game.
So ,what I want to say is starforce can't help you to earn more money, and at the same time, it can cause you lose customer. (You can see got people complain about starforce and decide not buying the game with it)
Then people using pirate will consider to buy the game after they can't get their pirate copy?

So for these, it had to see whether your objective is to protect your work is the most important thing or earn money are more important.
starforce maybe can help you to protect your work(I don't know it can protect it well or not) but it also cause you to lose customer.

If earning money is more important, then you have to do all the best to your supporter so that they feel it is worth to keep supporting without getting those mess.

One more thing I have to say. Don't know you can accept or not.
If until now there is still no pirate copy of domination then it can be only 1 of these reasons:
1) starforce is a very strong protection tool, none of cracker able to crack it so no pirate copy go around.(Then you had make right decision to protect your work although you still lose customer because of it)

2) domination is not so popular until none of cracker willing to spend time to crack it. They may spend their time to crack other popular game that got a lot of people willing to play.(That mean domination is not popular enough around the world so you can't sell much on it. Then you better try your best to keep your current supporter keep suppoerting.)

I still think the map editor and mod tool is very important in this kind of game. With these tool, fans will keep helping on doing the map/special scenario/ mod some unit and the game can run in very long time.
The subscribe people will keep enjoying the game while developer no need to rush so much for come out map for each month. They just need to focus on fixing the bug.

Now a lot of game already come together with their mod tool/editor (Rome total war,warcraft,freedom force vs 3rd reich.......). You can see example like with warcraft and 3rd party editing tool, a lot of fan come out good map(such as dota allstart, dday, turret defend.....)
From there, you can see that until now a lot of game that with good editor can still keep running because a lot of fan doing work for them.

It is so sad that a good creativity of work is keeping people out because of those problem. Without those problem, it is a worth game to buy if people know about the idea on this game.

My english is not so good, hope that you all can understand what I say.
Hope that later can see that domination can grow grow grow with more supporter.(But they had to do some thing on it first to get more people coming in.)
A good strategy game must influence more people to play it, enjoy it, work for it, think a lot on it, spend time on it but not mess with it.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:49 am 
Supreme Marshal

bettylim1979 wrote:
wao, domination is just release about 1 month, how can you play it for more than half year?
is that domination already finish developed at last year and then using about 6 month to fix bugs before release it out?
are you developer? You test the game before release out? Then it should be stable release for domination.

I was level designer about 10 scenarios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:13 am 
Sea Wolf

There was some weird stuff when I first started w/Domination, but since that first scary look everything has been OKAY!! I had menu overlays frozen on screen BUT THAT went away....I have learned that SKIPPING during bomber flight will lead to crash, so I'm careful about SKIP....while bomber is flying on screen DON'T hit any keys to play it safe.....
People----don't freak out....pc probs are reality....
MASS HYSTERIA.....ha.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:10 pm 
Sea Wolf

there is a "newest" patch.....i dont know what it did for me....did it speed up the action.....am i able to move around the screen faster, more smoothly??.....i haven't for-sure noticed....here's another question....are there times when my game will move faster than others ?....something to do with...what....?...because since that first day of glitchy usage the only thing bugging me is the catchy movement around the screen(the playing field)...= ....the graphics are stealing from my pc's ability to deal....BESIDES the starforce thing which could really make a person go finally over the edge....." F the pigs of the world !"....but the game is fundamentally beautiful!!! warmongers of the world unite in peaceful gameage!