Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Multiple Broken Games
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:02 pm 
Conscript

Before I start let me just say that I think MA and Domination are both excellent games. In fact, I don't have a single complaint or negative comment about the gameplay. Having said that though I'm afraid the games are so riddled with bugs that if they aren't fixed in relatively short order I won't be purchasing another Wargaming product. I'm sure you get your fair share of "I'm never buying another game again unless you <insert blank>" but this is getting a little extreme in my opinion. Let me give a short list of all the places I've encountered broken games.

Campaign Mode
FNU Campaign - haven't played it yet
PL Campaign - Broken game around the 5th-6th mission

Scenarios
I played 6 different ones, 1 broke and in another the camera panned off into the horizon during a cut scene and then the game just sat there and stopped responding

Career Mode
FNU Career - Broken game around the 2nd mission
PL Career - Broken game around the 6th mission

Assault Mode
I didn't try this game type at all

Wold Wars
After having so many problems with the other single player modes I finally gave up and resigned myself to world wars. "At last", I thought to myself, "good ol' world wars, maybe now I can finish a game I start." Boy was I in for a surprise... I played 3 world wars, all on different maps and 2 of them broke!

Needless to say I haven't played multiplayer since I would be out of my mind to pay when the majority of the game is unplayable due to bugs which have existed for months.

Add to this the fact that there are still several broken scenarios and campaigns in the original MA and things start to look pretty grim. I sincerely hope these issues get addressed soon and I would greatly appreciate a reply saying something along those lines from someone at Wargaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 2:29 pm 
P.L. Marshal

do you have the patch installed?
i remember playing through a PL campaing and PL career without any broken games...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:25 am 
Conscript

Indeed I do.

V2.0.127

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:32 am 
Conscript

It could be the patch. After I patched the game all World War games crash straight to the desktop as soon as I attempt to declare an ally. The game as installed from disk (1.0.119) does not crash that way and the demo never crashed on me. I inquired if this was a known bug with the 2.0.113 patch but never got an answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:43 am 
Conscript

I won't say for sure that it isn't the patch but based on the evidence I don't think so. For one the patch you mention is a different version and second, while I have come across numerous bugs in this game that particular one isn't one of them. I can't say for certain as I didn't fully test it, I'll explain why further down.

Also, I completely forgot to mention the non broken game related bugs in my first post. I can start the games just fine but it will freeze seemingly at random and very often, two to three times average on a world war length game and usually at least once during shorter games. I'm usually pretty attentive and know exactly what I was doing at the time and I can honestly say there is no pattern. Sometimes it happens when I rewind a move, sometimes when I'm fiddling around with moving and unloading/loading transports, sometimes just when I'm scrolling across the map and even sometimes when I go afk for a few minutes to get some food or watch TV. I'll return to find the game frozen without me having done anything. The majority of the time I can simply ctrl-alt-del (alt-tab and windows key do not do anything) but several times I've had to actually hit the reset button as nothing was responding.

As if that wasn't bad enough I highly suspect this game of messing up other seemingly unrelated areas of my computer. I started to experience strange things such as frequent freezing on the windows loading screen, problems burning and even playing cd's and several really strange bugs with winamp. The graphics would mess up fairly often and it wouldn't play any music. At first I didn't even remotly suspect Domination. I tried a few things to no avail so I reformatted my pc (had been a while so wasn't a bad idea anyways) and the problems went away. I thought nothing more of it for over a month. At that point I checked for new patches and not having seen any I posted this thread. After reading Mrakobes reply and a few other threads (including the one about starforce) I reinstalled the game without patching it to see if that would resolve the broken games. Immediatly after reinstalling the game I started to experience the exact same problems with windows loading, winamp (only when I ran it at the same time as Domination, an obvious indication that the game was at fault) and my cd-rw. Not only that but I was still running into all the same freezing bugs in Domination which seemed even more frequent without the patch. Honestly I didn't play far enough into the game that time to get to any of the points where the games broke. I played 4 missions into the PL campaign and 2 of the PL career maps before I reformatted again out of frustration. Uninstalling the game alone did not make all the problems stop.

That brings me to where I am today and hopefully you to the end of this lengthy post. Sorry if I was a bit long winded but I don't want this to be just a whine thread. I want to show just how bad things are. In it's current state this game is completely unplayable for me and many others if the new posts popping up are any indication. Unless the people at wargaming stop ignoring us and tell us where they stand on these issues and that they intend to resolve them soon they have lost me as a customer.