Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: starting questions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm 
Levy

Hello to all.

I am completely new to this game. After having tried out the demo of "massive assault" i decided to download the demo of MAN2 too and give the online part of this game a try.
So while downloading I'd like to ask some questions.

1. Can more than two people participate in the same game

2. Do i need to play a game from the begining to the end or may i join an existing game?

3. Is a creditcard necessarily required to buy the full version or is there any other way?

4. What restrictions are there concerning online-gaming for those who only posess the demo version?

Post subject: Re: starting questions
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:54 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Krasnikurgan wrote:
1. Can more than two people participate in the same game

No, only two players could take part in the battle, but you can look game of other players.

Krasnikurgan wrote:
2. Do i need to play a game from the begining to the end or may i join an existing game?

Yes, you should play from the first disclosing phase.

Krasnikurgan wrote:
3. Is a creditcard necessarily required to buy the full version or is there any other way?

You can use PayPal or WebMoney. If you know Russian language and live in the ex-republic of the USSR, you can purchase disc with Russian version of MAN2 with 3 month of subscription (http://massiveassault.ru/).

Krasnikurgan wrote:
4. What restrictions are there concerning online-gaming for those who only posess the demo version?

Trial player (player without subscription) can play only with demo-unit set (without many interesting land, naval and air units, and can fight just on the single planet V6 Demo (there are 25 planets).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 am 
Levy

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Well even if i know the russian language i am currently living in germany, which makes it a bit complicated to buy the game in a russian store.

I considered buying galactic assault which, if i am not completely wrong, is sold in german stores. Is there a significant difference between the two games? Will i miss anything if i get galactic assault instead of MAN2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:02 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Krasnikurgan wrote:
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Well even if i know the russian language i am currently living in germany, which makes it a bit complicated to buy the game in a russian store.

I considered buying galactic assault which, if i am not completely wrong, is sold in german stores. Is there a significant difference between the two games? Will i miss anything if i get galactic assault instead of MAN2?

It's other type of game. Both of them are turn-base strategy with similar graphic platform, but all other features are not equal. Galactic Assault is mainly single player game with campaign and single missions (17+11 missions), there are random factor in result of shooting, “fog of war”, return and support fire etc. If you play in demo of MAN2, you already know this game, except naval and air operations, additional maps and other features for players with subscription.