Yes - but it should be 3 weeks 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Yes - but it should be 4 weeks 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Yes - but the first 24 hours should be free 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
No - time limits are too taxing on life style 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:47 am 
Tough Nut

Maybe I was lucky in that only about 4 of my games seemed to be very active at anyone time and also none of the games were particularly long but the time limit did not seem to be too much of a stretch - and that includes my being on holiday for a week in the middle!

I think the key issue is the number of games not the two week time limit itself. The important thing is not to have too many non-tournament games going on. Admittedly, not having played MAN2 before, I started with a clean sheet and did not accept any other games.

I think that if the tournament format only consisted of two or four games in any round, there would be few objections.

That said, I have no objection to a three week time limit for the final round if it helps other players - I do not want to win as a result of time-outs or overload on opponent's time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:23 am 
Supreme Marshal

ravermeister wrote:
To make it an interesting final round I suggest you make it 4 weeks - Its not like you are going to have to wait for anyone - if you win all your mateches - then you win... there is no next round.

In this case, we should delay next tournament one more month, because of top players will be busy with current final round and all other players should wait this time without tournament. We've decided add one more week for Final round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

Good Compramise

Thanks again to Tiger for Moderating the tournament - and for listening to our concerns. THats what makes this game so great - the constant interaction of the players and the developers.

Can't wait for the next tournament :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:34 am 
Veteran

When following tournament will begin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:59 am 
Sea Wolf

I asked Tiger and he said about November - and that this tournament woudl take up to a year. So it wont be so taxing in time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:48 am 
Veteran

The whole year?:) Probably it is a question of the so-called regular championship:) on one month in each round.
This tournament take place too with a limit of a chess clock of 2 weeks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:29 am 
Sea Wolf

No - I think it will be on bigger maps (I hope) and with not so many people in each pool - or - no pools at all - but play in a round robin match instead (ie everyone plays everyone but you only start one game every week?) not sure - but i think its going to be differenent so its not so taxing on time. Tiger is the best peron to give more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:43 am 
Supreme Marshal

Shadow_D wrote:
The whole year?:) Probably it is a question of the so-called regular championship:) on one month in each round.
This tournament take place too with a limit of a chess clock of 2 weeks?

Yes, you are right. It probably will be look like this tournament from the first MAN:
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man_le ... onship.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:59 pm 
Levy

My friends, I think that chess-clock with a 24 hrs grace perod will be fine.

This seems to be a good compromise to me for tournaments. I lost 2 games in this tournaments just by time up, one of them with 80% balance in my favour. I and possibly lots of gamers can afford to play in evenings only. That's why chess-clock is not a good solution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:24 am 
Sea Wolf

There have been many posts about the problems of the current chess clock (I too have tried to add my 2 cents worth).

It comes down to - how much programming would it take to fix it - and is it worth the effort.

By the lack of action - I assume its too hard to fix the problem - so a simple solution (often the best) is to simply increase the existing chess clock time to 3 weeks (or even 4) so that there is less chance that a player who playes every day - is timed out.

(NOTE TO DEV's - for a person to devote time EVERY day to this game - and then lose because he is not playing enough - that HAS to sound alarm bells - it is very disheartening and may cause people to not bother at all (ie Storm440, ShadowD, Morn, CptX) - ALL top 10 players who will NOT play in the current system. To me - if I were to win the championship - without those players - then it would be a hollow victory not worth braggin about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:36 am 
Tough Nut

I found 8 games with 2 week chess clock too time consuming and had to drop out of the second round.

I would enter again only with a longer chess clock.

I have voted for the chess clock with a grace period because I would like to see this developed although it may be more useful for normal games than tournaments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:59 pm 
Levy

Actually I woted against chess-clock. Chess-clock with grace period is acceptable only for tournaments and only because of general time limit for a tournament. In all other cases I am against chess-clock.