Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: List of improvements
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:27 pm 
Developer

Post here any known bugs, any ideas that you wish to be in MAN2 client.

I don't post my ideas, want to surprise you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 pm 
Veteran

This topic was already discussed here:
-> http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5229

Here are my top 10 now:
1. Make the game more stable, please! You must have recieved a lot of bug reports since version 2.0.49 came out.

2. while in alt+x marking ALL fields with the current distance somehow, would improve this great tool even further

3. One other thing, is it possible to watch someone's game and look at the parts of the map you wish to look at without constantly being jerked back to the location where one of the players is making a move?

4. coloring the coastal fields of all countries in another blue color while having the strg-option on.
I guess allmost everybody made a mistake here in his career and knows why I would like this improvement

5. when you press F4, I've never understood why this map-view snaps back by itself, so the option makes itself practically useless..

6. Sending a message should be available in "Games" and "Challenges" tabs too - now I have to go to "Personal Challenge" tab and search the player I want to send a message to

7. Double challenges
This option was available in the web interface of MAN and I would like to see it in MAN2 too.

8. In addition to the Victory Bonus it would be nice to see how many points I lose if I lose the game.

9. Allow players to recall full info on any player in the game much more easily. Currently, the only way I know to see complete information on a potential opponent (including win-loss-draw record) is to go to the Personal Challenges tab, find and select that player, and then click the "Info" button. I would like to see this functionality added to the Chat tab, so that I could recall a player's full info merely by mousing over or right-clicking the player's name. I would also like this information available when browsing the list of open challenges.

10. Replays menu requires overhaul as it was mentioned here:
http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2882
A "turn line" would be nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:51 am 
Tough Nut

A couple more.

Can SAs be highlighted in the little map during all phases.

Can we have multi-monitor support. Scrolling only works properly in full screen mode on primary monitor. And resolutions of additional monitors are not available in the graphics menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 am 
Developer

2timm
i have 2 monitors, i am playing in windowed mode, i have no problems ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:23 am 
Tough Nut

Jedi_Knight wrote:
2timm

Screen 1 is 1280x800, screen 2 is 1280x1024. Maximum resolution in the menu is 1280x800.

When window is on screen 2 with the cursor in the centre of the window, the camera scrolls off the edge of the map. Scrolling uses cursor position relative to screen 1 regardless of window position. So windowed mode is only useable with window centred on screen 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:50 am 
Developer

timm wrote:
Jedi_Knight wrote:
2timm

Screen 1 is 1280x800, screen 2 is 1280x1024. Maximum resolution in the menu is 1280x800.

When window is on screen 2 with the cursor in the centre of the window, the camera scrolls off the edge of the map. Scrolling uses cursor position relative to screen 1 regardless of window position. So windowed mode is only useable with window centred on screen 1.

ah, that thing..
ok, i add bug to list :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:40 am 
Sea Wolf

These requests by Morn are very excellent.
Stability Issues are really important.
Also, trying to view another player's gameplay is nearly worthless unless the freedom to control the screen is made possible.
This is like the "fancy replays" which I always disable after restoring profile.
I also disable "music" and "voice" immediately after restoring.
I hope someone could take action on the stability issue.
For some reason, I am unable to play most games on my VISTA pc, and I know that i have played some games here, but eventually they all become unplayable.(?) I resort to my other pc w/WIN XP .
It's a great game 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 am 
Tough Nut

Can we have an English/Russian translator built in for chat and messages? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:46 pm 
Developer

2timm:
added to list of improvements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm 
Veteran

I'm curious. We are talking about improvements regarding the MAN2 client - a big patch that covers these issues listed here, right?

I ask because this thread with M.A.N. 3 in the thread topic got my attention:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23638

Can someone translate what _ILYA_ wrote there please.

For MAN3 I have a lot of other nice ideas and improvements ;-) ... .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:22 pm 
Developer

Morn wrote:
I'm curious. We are talking about improvements regarding the MAN2 client - a big patch that covers these issues listed here, right?

I ask because this thread with M.A.N. 3 in the thread topic got my attention:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23638

Can someone translate what _ILYA_ wrote there please.

For MAN3 I have a lot of other nice ideas and improvements ;-) ... .

i'm too lazy to translate _ILYA_'s stuff, nothing important for us...

i have one idea for MAN3:
lets fight on a sphere. our hexagonal grid can be approximated by this polyhedra.
Every face we can split by standart MAN2 grid.
two defects:
1) 12 cells have 5 neighbours instead of 6.
2) uncomfortable scrolling (i think this leak exists only for planets with diameter <20 hexes)
advantages:
1) no border-side countries
2) really, it's a PLANET!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:20 am 
Supreme Marshal

_ILYA_ suggested the third nation and option of upgraide current units for players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 am 
Tough Nut

In replays of completed games, can we have folded flags visible for undeclared SAs? It is difficult to appreciate another players strategy without knowing the SAs.

Post subject: uhm some possble answers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:12 pm 
Tough Nut

[quote="Morn"]This topic was already discussed here:
-> http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5229

Here are my top 10 now:
1. Make the game more stable, please! You must have recieved a lot of bug reports since version 2.0.49 came out.

Heh, 1. Microsoft OSx is not stable, how can you ask the guys to program something to work on a shaky flaky.

2. while in alt+x marking ALL fields with the current distance somehow, would improve this great tool even further

2. you mean, let the system to force you not to move into harms way?

3. One other thing, is it possible to watch someone's game and look at the parts of the map you wish to look at without constantly being jerked back to the location where one of the players is making a move?

Probably not, since you would be jerking his point of view also.

4. coloring the coastal fields of all countries in another blue color while having the strg-option on.

would this possubly be controlled by the end user?

I guess allmost everybody made a mistake here in his career and knows why I would like this improvement

5. when you press F4, I've never understood why this map-view snaps back by itself, so the option makes itself practically useless..

6. Sending a message should be available in "Games" and "Challenges" tabs too - now I have to go to "Personal Challenge" tab and search the player I want to send a message to

7. Double challenges
This option was available in the web interface of MAN and I would like to see it in MAN2 too.

8. In addition to the Victory Bonus it would be nice to see how many points I lose if I lose the game.

9. Allow players to recall full info on any player in the game much more easily. Currently, the only way I know to see complete information on a potential opponent (including win-loss-draw record) is to go to the Personal Challenges tab, find and select that player, and then click the "Info" button. I would like to see this functionality added to the Chat tab, so that I could recall a player's full info merely by mousing over or right-clicking the player's name. I would also like this information available when browsing the list of open challenges.

10. Replays menu requires overhaul as it was mentioned here:
http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2882
A "turn line" would be nice![/quote]

replays is easy just take this line and insert any number from 1 to 4442543 or higher if the game is there it can be downloaded to your rep folder and veiwed.

this is my game with General Veta, i made the mistake of heckling his attack on turn 30 and then he surrenderd, I lilke to See a Game Option that allows fo Crush... or have the robots take over the game if a player chooses to surrender and the other player wants to continue.... i allowed a other game with veta to go past 30 and let him get me to 100 for the victory, and thought he was goona allow e to do the same, but then he surrenderd when sr started to run out of resources.

http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/ma ... _id=237486

even games number 1-100.

life, be in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:23 am 
Sea Wolf

Watching someone else play is worthless, unless there would be a way to be "detached" from the players screen-views.
The alt-x function seems as if it could be much improved by some marking system such as a ring of 4 hexes highlighted to give the copters' possible flight destinations. It is the most common use of this function.(?)
Maybe a ring every four hexes (4,8,12,26...)
I still don't understand why there is no interest in being able to play a repeatable set-up as often as desired. The mystery of hidden allies goes away, but SO WHAT!?....It would add a complete extra level of play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:53 pm 
Sea Wolf

I am warming up to the idea....

Imagine Pitor or Aghepu kicks your butt.....

You think that its because you had a bad Layout.... and he had the advantage....

THEN - you challenge him to a rematch - but he takes your side....

AND THEM HE STILL BEATS YOU....

Somewhat depressing - yet what a challenge for the other player to completely dominate an opponent.....

It would solve the age old argument of - well you won but you had the better layout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:33 pm 
Sea Wolf

Ah so! :wink: