Massive Assault Official Forum
   
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:23 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
Hi, community

I am trying to avoid the "end" of World Cup tournament. Usual moderators can't manage it and I will do an effort for keep this one like the best tournament of the year, but I did some changes in the usual rules of this tournament.

Mainly, this year we have not groups rounds. All the rounds will have K.O. format. In my opinion, this format give an extra emotion to the tournament because mistakes can be definitive in the game and therefore in the match score.

We start with a maximum of 42 players in the list.

The 20 best players on basis of glicko-points score and World Champion (alex1978) and finalist (AHgpeu) will play directly in 1/16 finals round. The other 20 players will play 1 previous round, too in K.O. format for pass to 1/16 finals. In this way we will have 32 players for play the first "full" round. In attached image you can see the table of this tournament. In this moment we have the number of both of opponents that will play the match on basis of the order by glicko-points score. This score will be "closed" at the end of subscription period.

The other great change respect to usual rules is the tie-break rule. Usually is the number of turns in won and lost games the rule that give advantage to a player. In this new format, tie-break consists in 1 extra-game (only 1) in a chosen map (the choice will be before the start of tournament) where player with higher glicko score will play red side. The map for tie-break will be the same in all the rounds and will surely be of medium size (for avoid long tie-break).

I hope we have a great tournament!

Good luck to all!


Attachments:
WORLD CUP 2016 K.O. TABLE.png
WORLD CUP 2016 K.O. TABLE.png [ 131 KiB | Viewed 6933 times ]

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:54 pm 
Offline
Levy

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm
Posts: 1
Karma: 0
I know that my opinion is not interesting to anyone, but i think its a great format of the World Cup)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:33 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
Canya, your opinion is interesting and important for me. And thank you for the support about the new format.

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:51 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Posts: 96
Karma: 1

Location: Пермь
Tese1969, thank you for organisation!

I hope, soon we can see «World Cup-2015» medal in Hall of Fame.

_________________
Руслан Кожевников


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:20 am 
Offline
Conscript
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am
Posts: 11
Karma: 0

Location: Thailand
Is this tournament open to trial players?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:32 pm 
Offline
Sea Wolf

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 12:31 pm
Posts: 269
Karma: 1
tese1969 wrote:
tie-break rule.


I did not see any argument in favor of a tie-break rule.
Disadvantages catch the eye immediately:
- An increase in playing time
- Preference is given to the player with the highest glicko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:10 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
Dear AHgpeu,

I don't agree with your argument about the "increase" of playing time.
How many games have been artificially prolonged by difference of turns rule?
With the tie-break rule a player can assume that game is lost in turn number 4 and surrender.

We have not groups rounds and therefore the overall time of tournament should be lower.

In my opinion, it is fairer pass the round when you won more games that opponent.

And obviously, glicko score have great importance for tournament settings. The pairing of the published table is based in this system and in other tournaments (like Sea 5 turns, for example) with swiss system as pairing mode is crucial.

I think is a good way to appreciate the effort of the players during the season and their results.

Of course, I appreciate your comments and respect your opinion :wink:

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 pm 
Offline
Conscript
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:12 pm
Posts: 18
Karma: 0
8)

_________________
GI Joe(X)


Last edited by GI Joe on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
This topic was not published for discussion about rules or format. All the opinions are welcomed, but rules are published and we have many players signed with the current and definitive format.

Maybe, for 2017 (if it exists), some player can have the key for set the best solution for the tie-break.

I avail this comment for publish the award asociated to this World Cup 2016.

I hope players like it! :D


Attachments:
WC2016award.png
WC2016award.png [ 88.62 KiB | Viewed 6796 times ]

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:06 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Posts: 96
Karma: 1

Location: Пермь
It would be cool tournament, if most of top-20 gamers take part.

_________________
Руслан Кожевников


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 am 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 245
Karma: 11

Location: Москва
Я в игре! Правила прочитаю позже... :D

_________________
«Значит, Вам нечего мне сказать? Настоящему мужчине всегда есть что сказать. Если, конечно, он — настоящий мужчина!»


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:44 pm 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 245
Karma: 11

Location: Москва
I'm in the game! Regulations will read later ... :D

_________________
«Значит, Вам нечего мне сказать? Настоящему мужчине всегда есть что сказать. Если, конечно, он — настоящий мужчина!»


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:00 pm 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 245
Karma: 11

Location: Москва
I have read the rules!! 8)

I have a suggestion to reduce the imbalance of tiebreakers: If a player with a higher rating is playing for the Reds, then let the game will be on the map of another player (lower-rated)!

_________________
«Значит, Вам нечего мне сказать? Настоящему мужчине всегда есть что сказать. Если, конечно, он — настоящий мужчина!»


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:05 am 
Offline
Conscript
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am
Posts: 11
Karma: 0

Location: Thailand
ruma wrote:
I have read the rules!! 8)

I have a suggestion to reduce the imbalance of tiebreakers: If a player with a higher rating is playing for the Reds, then let the game will be on the map of another player (lower-rated)!


This sounds like a football game where one team get the ball and the other one can choose the field side. :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:14 am 
Offline
Tough Nut

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:03 am
Posts: 23
Karma: 0
I like the new rules; I don't think playing the reds is so important: you can easily get an inferior setup no matter the side and playing first would not be so important as skill anyway.

However if you plan to further reduce this potential imbalance I would suggest choosing a map like Eden for the tie-breaks - the particular geography tends to reduce the advantage of playing first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:32 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
Hi, Lord Johnny

I am happy to see you again in our community.

The only one question that is not closed and we must choose is the map for tie-breaks.

We must try well-balanced maps for avoid a decisive advantage for reds (setup is random and therefore not under control).

The options are:

- Crateus
- Anubis
- Eden (good proposal of Lord Johnny)

Please, I ask all the joined players send me private on-game message with its choice.

The most voted map will be used for all the tie-breaks games (remember that map for tie-break is the same for all the rounds).

Waiting for your messages! :D

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:07 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Posts: 96
Karma: 1

Location: Пермь
Most of the TOP-20 gamers still not enlist on champ :-(

_________________
Руслан Кожевников


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:35 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 197
Karma: 4
I don't agree, Dear COBA.....we have 10 of the 20 top players in this moment.....and you know several of top-20 don't play tournaments.

Therefore, in reality, only AHgpeu, Le_Roy and EVGEN are not in World Cup.......the other 7 players never play.

We have really 77% of top players!! :wink:

_________________
Visit my MAN2 website in spanish language!
http://tese1969man2.comlu.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 am 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:32 pm
Posts: 96
Karma: 1

Location: Пермь
tese1969 wrote:
.....and you know several of top-20 don't play tournaments.


Its strange, my opinion. Why people plays all time in single duels? A lot if games. But they dont like tournament.

_________________
Руслан Кожевников


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WORLD CUP 2016 TOURNAMENT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:14 am 
Offline
Conscript
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am
Posts: 11
Karma: 0

Location: Thailand
COBA wrote:
tese1969 wrote:
.....and you know several of top-20 don't play tournaments.


Its strange, my opinion. Why people plays all time in single duels? A lot if games. But they dont like tournament.



The reason: Human is unpredictable. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y