Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LEAGUE OF MAN2 2020
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:41 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

Tomorrow, November 1, will be open to registration the League of MAN2 2020.

This new edition will be the first in which the players will be included in the different Divisions regardless of their glicko score. Only the acquired rights in previous edition (2019) will be used for that inclusion. The main exceptions for this rule are the possible "upgrades" for some players if upper Division is not complete and the inclusion of new players in League.

We have initially 3 Divisions but if the number of registered players exceeds expectations a new Division could be created.

Please, If you are a new player interested in play League read the rules carefully on MAN2 website after publication. (http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/tournaments.php)

When registration period ends (December 15) will be published in this topic the list of players of the different Divisions, the random order inside each Division for pairing and all the info that players could need about League's progress.

In attached image you can see the award associated to League 2020.

Of course, I hope all players enjoy this new edition! :D

Greetings

Attachments:
2020 League Award.png
2020 League Award.png [ 113.3 KiB | Viewed 38633 times ]

Post subject: Re: LEAGUE OF MAN2 2020
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

New info for players of League 2020:

In attached image you can see the tables of pairing for all the Divisions. The table with pairing for 14 players will be used for First and Second Division and table for 8 players used for Honor Division.

The numbers that appears inside that tables are the place that each player will have in the random list published after the end of registration. For example, in the round 1 of 14 player's table we have the first match between player in 1st random place of the list and player in last (14) random place of the list. The rest of matches indicates exactly the same.

In First and Second Division we will play only 1 side by opponent and red side will be for the first "number" of the match. In Honor Division will be 2 sides by opponent and random order only is important for know what opponents will be played in each pack. A strong pack of opponents means many hard games at once :-?

In the moment I am writing this message we have a very interesting list of players joined in League 2020. We have a good number of new players in the competition that possibly will try figth for be upgraded to First Division. Remember that all the new players will be included in Second Division. If required we must think in the creation of a new group for this Division although we must first be sure that the upper divisions are completed.

Finally, I would like to encourage players who are hesitating to finally register. :D
Tournaments are a great way to enjoy our game and League allows any level of player to participate.

Greetings

Attachments:
Pairing tables for League.png
Pairing tables for League.png [ 36.62 KiB | Viewed 38512 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

Well,

Registration period finished and we had a little problem with the "success" of this edition :-?

Number of players finally is 41 and that means more 5 players over the previous edition.

We need restructure the number of players in some of the Divisions.

Honor Division will be 10 players (8 in 2019 edition)
The 2 players upgraded were COBA and vetere. COBA didn't play any game the last year and I think he deserves show us his real level. vetere was the first scored player after the 2 regular upgrades at the end of League. Therefore, in this edition Honor Division will be 18 games (9 opponents, 2 sides) in Crateus. Each pack (January, March and May) will be 6 games.

First Division will be 14 players (14 in 2019 edition)
We had some casualties in this Division from players that finally didn't join League. Adding up the 2 players that were upgraded too to Honor Division it has been necessary fill their places with players from previous edition playing in Second Division. The number of games for this Division will be 13 (13 opponents, 1 side) in Trinity. Packs: 5, 4, 4.

Second Division will be 17 players(14 in 2019 edition)
The most of player in this Division are new players in League. Some of them could perfectly play in Honor or First Division on basis to their glicko score or skills. Welcome to the League!!! :D
In Second Division will be played 16 games (16 opponents, 1 side) in Trinity. Packs: 6, 5, 5.

This restructuring implies too a change in upgrades and downgrades between Divisions.

The last 3 scored players in Honor Division will be downgraded to First Division.
The first 3 scored players in First Division will be upgraded to Honor Division.
The last 5 scored players in First Division will be downgraded to Second Division.
The first 5 scored players in Second Division will be upgraded to First Division.

In attached image you can see the starting list of players for each Division ordered by glicko-points.

Remember that later will be published the "random" order inside each Division for know the pairing of matches on basis to the tables that will be published too. We will need pairing tables for 10, 14 and 17 players. This tables are used for know the side (red or green) in First and Second Division and for know too the order of matches in Honor Division.

I have a lot of work ahead!! :wink:

Thank you all for your registration and enjoy the League!!

Attachments:
Starting list of Divisions ordered by glicko.png
Starting list of Divisions ordered by glicko.png [ 117.29 KiB | Viewed 37975 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:43 am 
Sea Wolf

We are here again with new info :wink:

In attached images you can see the "random" list by Division and the tables of pairing for 10 (Honor), 14 (First) and 17 (Second) players.

You can try to create your own player's table with that info or simply wait some more day until I publish the "translation" from tables to matches :D

Remember that in First and Second Division player in 1st place of the match plays red side.

In 17 player's pairing table (Second Division) you can see that we have 17 rounds but players really will play 16 games. The cause of this is that we have a odd number of players and therefore 1 of them doesn't play in each round. So, in each pack of games the number of played games can be different by player. In 1st pack we will have players with 6 games and others with 5 games. This last group will play all the rest of rounds in the next packs and the other will not play in 1 round in some of the other packs. All the players will play 16 games at end of tournament.

Greetings!!

Attachments:
Random list by Division.png
Random list by Division.png [ 100.89 KiB | Viewed 37928 times ]
Pairing matches for different Divisions.png
Pairing matches for different Divisions.png [ 246.07 KiB | Viewed 37928 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

I’ll write right away that I’m not against adding (redistributing) people between divisions. Moreover, this is done with good intentions.

But I was always categorically against changing the rules after the start of the tournament.

However, this tournament has not yet started, although registration for it has already ended.

As a result, it turns out that I registered for the tournament with the same rules, and I will play with the other rules.

And I do not like it!

The main thing that I do not like is the number of simultaneous games.

I already wrote about this:
ruma wrote:
tese1969,

Is it possible to limit the number of simultaneously played games?
For example, the number of no more than 4 games.

And got the answer:
tese1969 wrote:
Dear ruma,

Thank you for play in the League!

Remember that only 1st pack in Honor Division is 6 games started at once....2nd and 3rd pack is only 4 games at once....

As a result, now you need to play 6 games in each package.

And what will happen next?
8 games, 10 games?
There used to be such a format of the tournament "King of ..." or "... - 21" (where everyone played with everyone at the same time). But after all, they came to the conclusion that if a large number of strong players sign up for a tournament, they begin to beat him into groups to reduce the number of simultaneous games. Okay, I went away ...

I do not agree to play 6 games at the same time every 2 months with strong players. Some games may not end during this time. Then the number of games in the next stage will be more than 6 !!!
And generally spend half a year on 6 or more simultaneous games! All the same, I want to play in other tournaments, and not just live in one league))

I re-propose limiting the number of games to no more than 4 !! Let it be not 3 packages, but 4 or 5...
Or upgrade the league by introducing groups.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 am 
Sea Wolf

Dear ruma,

I have only tried to solve a problem, not create new ones.

I understand your reasons but I don't want enter to discuss with you about your comments. I need my time for giving to the community the chance of play tournaments because like you know I am the only one current moderator and all my work and effort are "free". The usual support of players is my only salary. :wink:

I can try to start your round 6 games vs. Canya in April (not March) and round 9 games vs. KASH in June (not May). I think it could be a balanced option for avoid you have many games at once.

Thank you again for participate in League. A great competition needs great players.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

Dear tese1969, thank you. You do a great job! And I and everyone else appreciate it!

However, balance in tournaments is very important! Many great players left the game precisely because of this ...

I agree with your proposal, as a temporary solution, for this tournament. I understand that there is no time or effort to change something now.

Good luck in the tournament!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:39 am 
Sea Wolf

Well,

After this little conceptual discussion :D we can pass to publish the tables of matches by Division.

In brown color you can see the matches that will be started for the 1st pack of League on January 3, 2020.

I would like remember the basics for new players in tournaments:

- Games will be created by the moderator. No one will need to launch any challenge to opponents. You just need play! :lol:

- "Frozen hours". Time control in tournaments works different that in usual "days by turn" time control. We have 23 hours "frozen" from the movement of opponent before our time starting to decrease. For example, If opponent made his 1st turn 12 hours ago and you make your turn your time will not decrease. If made 1 day and 5 hours ago your time will decrease only 6 hours, that is the difference between 23 hours and 29 hours. This "frozen" hours work in all the turns of game. In fact, if you always move before 23 hours from opponent's move your time will be the same that when game started! :o

And please, if you are clearly losing the game...surrender...the time of the others is important too and so, you and they could save energy for other or future games :evil:

Anyway, don't forget the main thing.....Enjoy the game!! and enjoy the League!! 8)

I wish be able of continue writing, but I must start creating the 113 games of 1st pack!! :oops:

Good luck to all!

Attachments:
Honor and First Division matches.png
Honor and First Division matches.png [ 81.76 KiB | Viewed 37882 times ]
Second Division matches.png
Second Division matches.png [ 78.91 KiB | Viewed 37882 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:24 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi there!

In attached images you can see the matches that will be started for 2nd pack of League's games on friday, March 6.

2nd pack are the matches that are in light blue color.

In Honor Division we have a match in yellow color. As I agreed at the time with 1_ruma that match will be started in early April. If all the 1st pack games of 1_ruma had ended before the start of 2nd pack it would be possible start that match too if 1_ruma agree. In that situation, I ask 1_ruma for tell me his preference with a private in-game message. :wink:

At the moment I am writing this message we still have several active games in League and is not easy make a good interpretation of the current situation in all the Divisions but one thing is clear......Honor Division is being especially hard for the most of players. In First and Second Division seems that the most of high ranked players are in the first places of the respective Divisions but the most of the direct clashes between them have not yet occurred. The 2nd pack of games could begin to elucidate the future of these Divisions.

I hope you are all enjoying this competition and good luck for the 2nd pack! :D

Attachments:
Honor and First Division matches.png [ 82.14 KiB | Viewed 36886 times ]
Second Division matches.png [ 79.59 KiB | Viewed 36886 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:50 am 
Conscript

Glad to see MAN2 is not dead yet. Unfortunately I do not have the time and patience for tournament now.
I wonder if some YouTube videos or twitch could revive the community.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 am 
Tough Nut

Too big maps in a tournament, too many simultaneous games, too much time spent thinking ... 3-5 hours a day is too much. Yes, and the third stage falls on the May holidays - the traditional garden and garden of the Russians. :D I am already silent about the fact that almost all rivals are grandmasters in the game, and I feel like a whipping boy. Against the background of the foregoing, only time and nerves are lost. Therefore, I wildly apologize in advance if I abandon the game again. Sorry!

P.S. Too huge maps...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:37 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community!

In attached images you can see the matches that will be started for 3rd (last) pack of League 2020 on friday May 1.

3rd pack are the games in orange color.

In Honor Division we still don't know if match 1_ruma vs. Andrei_KASH will be started on May 1 or not. It all will depend of the situation of 1_ruma's active games of 2nd pack (remember I agreed with him about it).

This 3rd pack promise us greats moments of excitement in all the Divisions. The final victory, upgrades and downgrades are still undecided! :o

So, I only can wish you all good luck! :wink:

Attachments:
Honor and First Division matches.png [ 81.67 KiB | Viewed 32287 times ]
Second Division matches.png [ 78.17 KiB | Viewed 32287 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:48 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

League of MAN2 2020 is finished!

In attached image you can see the Final Classification for each Division.

Congratulations for the winners: happygrue, OBM and sieniakx

It was included too the used tie-break rule when 2 or more players have the same score.

Players in 1st position are the winners of each Division and the award was asociated to each nickname. The icons of the players involved in the upgrades or downgrades between Divisions were changed too.

I hope that League was fun for the players!......they can start to practice for 2021 edition! :D

Attachments:
Final Classification.png
Final Classification.png [ 139.99 KiB | Viewed 27573 times ]