Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:28 am 
Sea Wolf

It's not a big deal, but read more carefully and read the whole thing to understand ....the writing is not like a windshield covered with dead bugs....that you can just glance at and come away knowing that it is a windshield covered with dead bugs without looking closely at each splattering.....the words are chosen carefully to make a point....
Get a good book on Logic to discover the if-then premise and conclusion method and then read what is written, say what you mean and mean what you say...Go with God! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:14 pm 
Sea Wolf

Rextrent wrote:
Yessir....Any game is completely random, given a skill equivalence between players, right?.....a) Allotment is grouped or spread thin b) Player goes first or second c) Player discloses prudently d) or with lots of luck -OR- clairvoyance e) Number of games played gives an intuition which tilts the skill equivalence....
And as you know or may learn...these variables make the game's outcome almost like throwing craps ( or playing Yahtzee).....except where's the fun in that?!...
The larger maps are appealing to the eye and, with places like Sea Switzerland , appealing to the explorer....the child that couldn't come straight home from school....like a park or forest full of shadowed trails and unearthed, twisting tree roots....

Well, since the FNU player now sees the PL initial disclosure it's no where near as bad as it used to be. Problem is, going second you're still on the back foot, especially as you don't know where each others SAs are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:19 pm 
Sea Wolf

Get a good book on logic? Sorry, my degree in engg. was 38 years agobut i do remember being taught that if you wish to be understood you need to make your point in a clear and concise manner. Logic--there was none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:44 pm 
Sea Wolf

Who are you talking to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 pm 
Sea Wolf

Quitch wrote:
Who are you talking to?

I was talking to Storm....But were you asking me or he?
He appeared to have missed the basic points I made, apparently not reading what was written..... :wink: and by his response , still hasn't.!
I am not interested in badgering someone....(oh, really)....but if someone responds I expect them to respond to the message as typed....
How about a new Index Column for Hardheads like me, who enjoy "fighting" in the forum...ha

Last edited by Rextrent on Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:25 pm 
Sea Wolf

I believe the comments rextrent made were directed at my post, but if i am wrong, it would not be the first time:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:29 pm 
Sea Wolf

Here's a question, my dear comrade...Do you have more than one Alias?...Really don't care for personal attacks here, just decent communication....eh, what?!..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have never used any other name but storm440. I would agree that personal attack should have no place in the forum. In my opinion this forum is to have an honest exchange of ideas and in order to do this i think the statements should be as clear as possible. I do not wish to try and solve the quatrains of Nostradamus or find subtle and hidden meanings in someones posts. Nor do not think i should have to get a book on deductive logic, as you suggested. I offered what i thought was an honest opinion to your post. If i missed your meaning, than that was my error and instead of suggesting a book on logic, a clarification would have gone over better. I do not wish to make any enemies because i truly enjoy this game. I think the people that play are a different breed than most gamer because we play a game that challanges us mentally. As i also stated, we all have different ideas about what we bring to this game and all of the ideas should be given consideration. Let us agree to start over with a more pleasent exchange. I, for one, am sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yessir...you are surely right....and deserve an apology from me as well...
Truly there are all kinds of motives and such for people who play these games...It is a weakness of mine to get mouthy on the Internet....and I don't know that I would act this way face to face(maybe)....usually I end up doing this ....apologetic...this kind of communication is really different and we are enjoying an amazing technology, eh?....There's no body language, other than emoticons....and writing style, which is sometimes like a loose cannon....Feisty !! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:58 pm 
Sea Wolf

It is funny how we sometimes become different people when it is not face to face, unfortunatly it is usually for the worse. I also have shot off emails that i wished i never sent. Glad we could make thing better. Perhaps a game....while my experence with NP is slight, I think it would be a good choice :-?