Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: FNU weak and PHU stronger = not balanced
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:35 am 
Correct me if im wrong, i can't seem to find a mech like bullfrog in FNU team.
Or a ship like Leviathan in FNU team either.

WHY? Its plain stupid that i win with PLU and can't win with FNU cause in the end the PHU got more powerfull troops.

Am i wrong? OR did i miss something?
I saw IN GAME something called mega bot, but i can't find it.

Is it cause im trial? I doubt it.

Post subject: Re: FNU weak and PHU stronger = not balanced
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:11 pm 
Supreme Marshal

someone wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, i can't seem to find a mech like bullfrog in FNU team.
Or a ship like Leviathan in FNU team either.

WHY? Its plain stupid that i win with PLU and can't win with FNU cause in the end the PHU got more powerfull troops.

Am i wrong? OR did i miss something?
I saw IN GAME something called mega bot, but i can't find it.

Is it cause im trial? I doubt it.

There 4 variants of units for both sides (if you have subscription), 3 of them have equal units.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:43 pm 
Sea Wolf

Idd.

Each side has now unique units, ie. the bullfrog.
Imo FNU has advantage with attack copters & attack platform.

Like Tiger said, when you have the registered version you can play with total equal teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:10 pm 
Sea Wolf

Try using a Rocket launcher on a Battle Platform. Pretty darn powerfull.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:35 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yeah that combined with an anti air truck on a platform..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

Of course, a Rocket Launcher with a transport is the same cost, has greater range and can take out both platform and rocket launcher while it and the transport have double the health once they move into range (since the RL stays in the transport WAY out of range, then moves into range but gets out the transport).

The advantage of the BP is that you don't lose that turn of firing moving the RL into something, but I'll be interested to see how big an edge that really is compared to a transports mobility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:57 am 
Supreme Marshal

Quitch wrote:
Of course, a Rocket Launcher with a transport is the same cost, has greater range and can take out both platform and rocket launcher while it and the transport have double the health once they move into range (since the RL stays in the transport WAY out of range, then moves into range but gets out the transport).

The advantage of the BP is that you don't lose that turn of firing moving the RL into something, but I'll be interested to see how big an edge that really is compared to a transports mobility.

Battle Platform has better mobility in desert, sea and wood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:01 am 
Sea Wolf

Ah, so it can travel through wood... that saves me a test :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Quitch wrote:

I want to see you unload a rocket launcher on water :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:12 am 
Okey, thanks for your reply. I got better just in days so i realize you just have to know how to use ur troops properly :) But i still think bullfrog and LEV are overpowered. Which is find though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 am 
Tough Nut

I asked this, like i said above thanks.
I also like to add that its still beta so im sure the parts that i should can be improve might be improved. But i think im gonna share them later on to make sure someone notice it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:34 am 
Sea Wolf

someone wrote:
Okey, thanks for your reply. I got better just in days so i realize you just have to know how to use ur troops properly :) But i still think bullfrog and LEV are overpowered. Which is find though.

You can't load the bullfrog into land transport or transport copters, wich makes it less usefull imho.
Besides both units have a high cost.. for one LEV you almost have two rocketlaunchers on platforms, wich have a greater range of fire since their movebility both on water & land..

Imo FNU is much stronger on naval combat, due the platforms, submarines & attack copters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:00 am 
Tough Nut

Bokkie wrote:
someone wrote:

You can't load the bullfrog into land transport or transport copters, wich makes it less usefull imho.
Besides both units have a high cost.. for one LEV you almost have two rocketlaunchers on platforms, wich have a greater range of fire since their movebility both on water & land..

Imo FNU is much stronger on naval combat, due the platforms, submarines & attack copters.

If you say so, i guess there is always a way to beat each other up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:32 pm 
Sea Wolf

The Bullfrog seems to me to be a major asset on small maps where it can be a bit of a struggle for the FNU to get together enough firepower to take it down, or enough mobility to make it irrelevant.

This is all very preliminary though and I'm sure Domination players can give a more balanced viewpoint, though I know that most of the veteran players avoid the small maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:42 pm 
Tough Nut

Quitch wrote:
The Bullfrog seems to me to be a major asset on small maps where it can be a bit of a struggle for the FNU to get together enough firepower to take it down, or enough mobility to make it irrelevant.

This is all very preliminary though and I'm sure Domination players can give a more balanced viewpoint, though I know that most of the veteran players avoid the small maps.

Yeah they do avoid it, cause i like small maps and that is usually when i can win. And especially if someone for some reason has Allies on LOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

How about low dens, with higher revenue turns, and vice versa High dens and five rev turns....
If there are twenty rev turns and you get unlucky placement and lose a country real quick, that would just about seal your fate as opponent gets some 18 or so revenues to add to his army....I would somehow like to avoid situations where one player can jump into immediate overpower just because of poor random allotment. Maybe this could be done by using very small place like Bizaria(Scabland)....with hi dens, hi rev, and 5 minute turns!....that last is just a joke....Is anybody going to try Sea Switzerland with 5 minute turns?.....Could be a trip....
Sea Switzerland is a really excellent piece of work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:09 pm 
Tough Nut

Rextrent wrote:
How about low dens, with higher revenue turns, and vice versa High dens and five rev turns....
If there are twenty rev turns and you get unlucky placement and lose a country real quick, that would just about seal your fate as opponent gets some 18 or so revenues to add to his army....I would somehow like to avoid situations where one player can jump into immediate overpower just because of poor random allotment. Maybe this could be done by using very small place like Bizaria(Scabland)....with hi dens, hi rev, and 5 minute turns!....that last is just a joke....Is anybody going to try Sea Switzerland with 5 minute turns?.....Could be a trip....
Sea Switzerland is a really excellent piece of work...

You should learn to use quote button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:57 pm 
Sea Wolf

Most veterns do avoid small maps because they often take the skill factor out of the game. If you have a bad layout, your screwed. Also, why would any vetern want to play emeral or one of the new trial maps? In Emerals case, you often run into players that have played several hundred games on it. Better to pick a large map and wait for the mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:50 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yessir....Any game is completely random, given a skill equivalence between players, right?.....a) Allotment is grouped or spread thin b) Player goes first or second c) Player discloses prudently d) or with lots of luck -OR- clairvoyance e) Number of games played gives an intuition which tilts the skill equivalence....
And as you know or may learn...these variables make the game's outcome almost like throwing craps ( or playing Yahtzee).....except where's the fun in that?!...
The larger maps are appealing to the eye and, with places like Sea Switzerland , appealing to the explorer....the child that couldn't come straight home from school....like a park or forest full of shadowed trails and unearthed, twisting tree roots....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:24 am 
Sea Wolf

I don't think the outcome is determined like a crap shoot. If it was you would not have players that have records of 5 or 6 wins to losses and players that have records of 2 or 3 losses to win. The larger maps give more oppertunity for mistakes and bad judgement calls that you can capitalize on. Most players seem to play a very aggressive style that works great if the layout is good but gets them into trouble if the map is not as they hoped. But, each of us plays for different reasons. Some play strickly for enjoyment and do not care about wins and losses, some play for the mental challange and some for the competition. No reason is better than any other.