Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Points
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:40 am 
Sea Wolf

Has a set value been established for how many points a player gets for each victory against each rank of player? Also, are victories over registered players worth more than victories over trial players if they are both of the same rank? There seems to be a wide variation of points given and it would be nice to know just what you can expect from a victory or loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:18 am 
Sea Wolf

There is a topic somewhere were this is discribed a bit, and there's a link to the homepage of the system too, were it's described in full detail..
(http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2925&highlight=glicko)

Something like this : the more you play, the more accurate your score will become. When loosing against a much better player you don't loose much points (or even none!), when winning from that much better player you will gain a lot of points. Winning to a less better player will give you some but not much points(but always something I think), loosing from a less better player, yes, takes a lot of points.

I thought score is different vs registered players or vs non registered, but I'm not sure about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:54 pm 
Sea Wolf

The old system was rather cut and dried, if you won against a general you recieved a set number of points and so on down the list, the same with loses. Yes I know that there was also a glicko rating page where things were much less clear because what you got depended on who you were and who you played. What I would like to know is if the MAN2 point system is rank based or is it a glicko system where things are constantly changing and points are awarded solely on the record of who you are playing as it compairs to your own record.