Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: On the verge of buying this game!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:16 pm 
Conscript

Hi all,

I've always liked Massive Assault, and was often tempted to subscribe for MAN but never did as I was worried that I wouldn't play it enough for it to be worthwhile.

I love MAN2. It seems to be put together alot better than the first and makes playing games alot easier.

I started playing it on the Trial when it originally came out, but didn't last long, as I got bored of it, and never seemed to have many turns coming in. However, now I have started playing again on my old Trial account, and there seems to be alot more people playing this game. I also seem to be having alot more turns to play.

I am incredibly close to buying this game, but am worried that I will once again get bored of it like I did last time, and will have wasted my money as I'll end up forgetting about it and never playing it again.

Are there a decently large number of people playing this game so I won't end up playing the same people over and over again? What about just counting those that have actually bought it and not the trial players?

Finally, I would like to know that the development for this game is actually going somewhere. I've noted that it is still in 'beta', but is it still in beta because the Devs are still adding features to it and actually developing the game still, or is it just an excuse so people can't complain that they found a bug?

Sorry for the long post, but I really do like this game and am on the verge of buying it. I've already downloaded and installed the mappack incase I do suddenly get it, but I'm just not postive that it will be worth my money, as I have a very short attention span when it comes to computer games.

Edit:
PS. If I do buy this game, I've noticed that the cards that are accepted do not include the only card that I have. I've also read somewhere else that some people have payed using Paypal, in which case, if I ever decide to buy it, would I also be able to use Paypal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 am 
Developer

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in MAN2 and we're delighted you liked the game.
Actually, we put many efforts to unite our gaming community in this game and we work hard on both the development and promotion of this beta version at the moment.

Status "beta" is not an excuse for bugs - it notifies everyone that the game yet is under development (we're working on Clan Wars for last several months). The beta version itself is really stable and is more to the release candidate then actual beta status.

Due to our marketing the number of people playing the game is steadily growing - by now we have about 4000 players who tried playing online, 400 active players, and a bit less then 150 people who already purchased the game even being beta.

So MAN2 is our new offering which we hope to get wide recognition as online turn-based strategy featuring team play via Clan Wars when released.

If you’re ready to purchase via Paypal, please send me private message for further instructions.

Best Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:04 pm 
Conscript

Speaking of the amount of users on the game: Do you guys have some kind of banner or anything that I could put on my sites to link to this game? I get a lot of hits and I could put it on my myspace too. Could I use that graphic at the top left of the forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:53 am 
Developer

Hello,

Yes, we have various banners to promote MAN2.
Please tell me the specifications and I'll get you appropriate banners.

Thank you,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:41 am 
Conscript

Uhhh...specifications...ok.

Well it doesn't really matter.

Here are the sizes I would like...

468 x 60
120 x 60

and if you have one this small...

88 x 31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:31 am 
Developer

I've just sent you the banners on e-mail mentioned in your profile on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:09 am 
Conscript

Thanks, those are great.