Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: No code to get out of trial status
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:58 am 
Veteran

I've sent 2 emails to support. I paid the lifetime subscription but got an error at the end. I got 2 emails saying you had received payment.

Still no code to put into MAN2 to get out of trial status.

Please send me the code!

Thanks,
Brashen :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:51 am 
Developer

Hello Brashen,

This error happens occasionally for users with specific browser settings. Our webmaster will try to fix it. It was a good idea to write here so I modified your profile now - as our support manager comes back only on Monday.

Enjoy!
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:02 am 
Sea Wolf

Maybe this is the same sitch for me....still trial....no biggy, all things in time....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:37 am 
Developer

Hello Tory,

You shall be registered now in MAN2 under profile Rextrent - please connect to game server and check it. I've sent you e-mail yesterday on the matter.

Please confirm if everything is OK now.
Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:27 am 
Sea Wolf

Still trial status and no extra maps!....I tried profile restore too...If I need to wait til Monday, that's fine, but if you can get me off trial status, that's good too!...Thanks as always! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 am 
Developer

Hi Tory,

I just managed to login under your alias and password on MAN2 game server and the version is registered and your rank there is Colonel. So everything is fine with your profile in MAN2.

May be you made a mistake somewhere, so I suggest doing the following now:

1. Uninstall MAN2 BETA from your PC.
2. Install downloaded MAN2 BETA (full version) in UNIQUE directory on your PC.
3. Download and install MAN2 map pack in the same UNIQUE directory where you've just installed MAN2 BETA.
4. Launch MAN2 BETA and restore your profile from Game Server.

After doing above steps you are supposed to be playing registered version on all the planets with varios unit set (available from Personal and Public Challenge sections).

Kind Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:33 am 
Sea Wolf

Okay. Thanks. I have several games going in MAN2, so if I remove the program I'll lose those games.....(?).....
I still don't understand the directory thing....Please try to explain, and I am very cautious to start stuff that I may not be able to finish, don't want to screw something up....
These games could take several days or weeks to finish....should I just ask opponents to end in draws or can you explain another process, maybe a different directory solution?
Please give an understandable explanation of directory.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:10 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Rextrent wrote:
Okay. Thanks. I have several games going in MAN2, so if I remove the program I'll lose those games.....(?).....
I still don't understand the directory thing....Please try to explain, and I am very cautious to start stuff that I may not be able to finish, don't want to screw something up....
These games could take several days or weeks to finish....should I just ask opponents to end in draws or can you explain another process, maybe a different directory solution?
Please give an understandable explanation of directory.... :wink:

After restoring profile you should get all your unfinished games on your computer.
During instalation of MAN2 program ask you about direction for instalation, something like:
C:\Program Files\Massive Assault Network
You should change it, for example:
C:\Program Files\Massive Assault Network 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Now this is getting frustrating....I removed the MAN2 program, then downloaded from MAN2 home....It comes up as "trial"....and maps unavailable. Nothing is changing...My alias is Rextrent for MAN2. Someone might need to enter my subscription or something.
Please show me as a subscriber and not Trial.....Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:17 pm 
Developer

Quote:
I removed the MAN2 program, then downloaded from MAN2 home
- this is correct. Did you installed downloaded MAN2 in directory different from where you had previos version and MAN installed?

Quote:
It comes up as "trial"....
- it is OK - please connect to the the game server from Internet Play

Quote:
"....and maps unavailable
- did you installed man2 map pack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:42 pm 
Sea Wolf

Okay....I removed the download AGAIN....
Downloaded again, changing one of the digits of directory name.
Was unable to sign in with my chosen alias ofg Rextrent, which I was using in BETA TEST mode. So I had to choose another alias, which I don't want to do.
The GD game is STILL in trial mode...
This has been a pain in my rear. It shouldn't be this d*** dificult.
Maybe I will need to send in my alias again... :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:08 pm 
Sea Wolf

In my list of players in MAN2 Rextrent is listed as a full user not as a trial.

Try this to make sure you get a nice clean start. Do an uninstall of MAN2. Go into the C:\Program Files folder and delete any folders named Massive Assualt Network 2 and any variations that you created. MAN will be installed into the Massive Assault Network folder so don't delete it.

Shut down your computer and restart it. Reinstall MAN2. Go to internet play and do a Retore Profile for Rextrent.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:38 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have removed MAN2 and turned off the CPU.
Maybe I will try a download tomorrow (Sunday)or maybe I should wait til someone can do a new subscription application. Would that be Sunday or Monday?
I want to wait til this has been done....I believe a fresh application needs to be made on that end, just as I am attempting fresh appl. on mine. I have tried this same dead-end stuff already....So please try a fresh application before I keep running in circles. :wink:
Please let me know when this has happened. Thanks alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:09 pm 
Veteran

Thought I'd mention Nick helped me through email and getting my account straight on the server. Less than 24hrs from when I sent the first email I believe.

Thanks big time Nick. Great service. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:18 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yes...He has really made efforts to help me, which I appreciate.
Just some positive input.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:12 pm 
Got same problem :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:41 pm 
Veteran

Are you still having the same problem Rextrent? I hope this doesn't sound offensive because it's not meant to be... but do you or someone you know have access to someone who's familiar with computers more than others? Just about any teenager will do these days.

From what I've read it sounds like you're getting things installed to different directories(folders). I know the map pack defaults to the wrong directory so it needs to be changed when you install it. At least it did for me anyway.

Good luck getting going Rextrent. I've enjoyed the games we've played and would like to see you up and running! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:49 pm 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for kind words!....What happened was this:
I purchased a internet-playable game from Columbia Games(Good Games!).....It is called Eastern Front...WWII , and very cool game. I've played the board version...No Problem. It is a beautiful wargame....
Here's the big but!.....the cd version which I got($45.00 on sale), is for Windows 95 or 98 and I have Windows 2000....Most games load with no real effort. Everything comes my way and I follow simple instructions...
BIG BUT....This game was very obstinate to load and I called Washington state for support(toll-free). Very nice guy tried to get me to changing things around in my hard drive....Including a file which I can't exactly recall which had something to do with loading programs....I eventually quit f'ing around with it after trying way too many things....I said "I am through doing this, taking chances on my hard drive's performance!!....So he was good enuff to give refund and i paid the shipping....I really wanted to play that game online, but I decided that if they can come up with a "friendlier" version, I would try again....(long story)
SO....after I made myself CRAZY trying to get maps loaded, I restored to before I did all that fiddling with my program files...And voila!....Or viola for music lovers....It was MY problem all along....and I'm sorry I threw fits, cursed phlegmatically and so on....
Hey!...I'm happy again....Especially after getting into Keneth Robert's 1936 classic: Northwest Passage....which describes the way it really was in those tuff times( 1750's during French and Indian war. It was , in some ways, a world war)....Are you still there?....Thanks for listening!!!! :wink:
PS: Do you have more than one alias?????