Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mac trial? and performance issues
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:48 pm 
I have a PC at home, 2.4Ghz 512 MB ram with GeForce Mx-440 (64 MB ram).
At work I have a Mac with 2.5 Ghz 1GB ram with GeForce 6600 (256 MB ram).

At home, the game runs very slow online (even with all graphic options at a minimum), but runs great offline when watching replays. Most other games run fine on my PC at home and this is the first game I have tried that I can't get to run well, and it isn't nearly as graphics intensive as other games I play like neverwinter night, midievil (sp?) total war, Dungeon Siege, counterstrike, warcraft 3 or world of warcraft (i dont play that anymore...it sucks).

I am thinking that maybe turning down the graphics in my game is not translating over to online play and only works on offline replays. The game might also not be using my video card and is running all the graphics in software mode. I can't seem to determine this for sure.
It has been suggested that I upgrade my ram, and if this were a game that was graphics intensive or had high system requirements, I would agree, but it isn't and doesn't, so I am wondering if any of the support staff have any ideas or if there are known issues with some graphics cards that could be keeping my game performance crappy.

As for the mac trial, I ask this for two reasons. 1) My mac is a more powerful machine and hopefully the graphics will be better. 2) I want to make sure that the mac will perform better before I buy the game because I will not be buying the game for my PC unless the game performance improves by the time the game goes gold. In that case, the mac is the only way I will be able to play.

thank you for your time