Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rewind whole phase?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:04 am 
Sea Wolf

Sometimes when placing units in the last recruitment phase I see something that I want to change.
If I'm far in the recruiting phase I need to click "rewind" a huge number of times.
Is it possible to rewind a whole phase at once?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:45 am 
Tough Nut

I think there should be a little more rewindability in the game during your turn. I'm sure we have all cought mistakes in guerrilla during combat phase, or realized we forgot to do some meunuvering/transport at the end of combat while recruiting. At the point you then have to cancel the turn without saving, and play the whole thing over.

Of course if I understand your question correctly, during recruitment, you can just click on recruited units to un-recruit them, get your money back, and replace elsewhere/other units. (I think this is the "automatic undo" option, or something like that.

Post subject: Re: Rewind whole phase?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:11 pm 
Tough Nut

Bokkie wrote:
Sometimes when placing units in the last recruitment phase I see something that I want to change.
If I'm far in the recruiting phase I need to click "rewind" a huge number of times.
Is it possible to rewind a whole phase at once?

ALT + Rewind will rewind to the beginning of the phase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 am 
Sea Wolf

NucLe@r-UFO wrote:
Of course if I understand your question correctly, during recruitment, you can just click on recruited units to un-recruit them, get your money back, and replace elsewhere/other units. (I think this is the "automatic undo" option, or something like that.

Nono, it's what you ment yourself. Imagine in the last phase, you're putting troops down, and then see that you forgot to secure the edge of a land or something like that. You have to rewind all the placings you've done so far, before you can heu, do something in the second phase again.

But as Brewer says, Alt+rewind does the trick.
Thanks brewer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:08 pm 
Sea Wolf

For someone who really wants to give their best shot, time is the ticket...What is a bummer is when a long series of moves is rewound by a rewind-alt that goes too far....
Is it worth it to redo a half-hour turn just to finesse my move?...
Usually by the third or fourth time around I find a much better move that I would have otherwise not made...."I never saw that hapless enemy transport within reach of two transports and two amphibians!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:08 pm 
Sea Wolf

I use it only when I have enough time, and morely to give my opponent a nice replay :)
I don't like it myself when the camera is moving from one side of the screen to the other side because the opponent forgot or redid some moving.. not that I botter that much ofcourse, just a thought..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

I consider the initial turns' replay to be a rare need and I skip it 98.765% of the time.
Generally, I have better use my time to make my move than watch something that no longer matters(to me, anyway).
(As per a previous post) If you must redo your move(at least once) you will become very familiar with the situation and won't need a replay.
You might consider skipping the replay portion and see if it is really worth your time.
I am willing to bet that if you redid more games from beginning to end your game would improve.(But I definitely relate to a lack of motivation!)
The only time I use replay is to see "What happened to my invasion force?!"...and discover my mistake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

Rextrent wrote:
I am willing to bet that if you redid more games from beginning to end your game would improve.

Very true, sometimes I see almost at the last moment that maybe I could kill all units instead of leaving 2 with one point left.. Trying and retrying until it's all set does work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:28 pm 
Sea Wolf

Truly. Several times I whined for the fact that I "had to redo the whole d*** thing!" But once I found the magic move, the third or fourth time through, I realized a different expectation of how long a turn might take.
Seems like these situations come up more often in huge scenarios, several turns into it....Sea Switzerland for example, where it's kindof hard to see the big picture or get an idea as to what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:33 pm 
Sea Wolf

Bokkie wrote:
... maybe I could kill all units instead of leaving 2 with one point left.. Trying and retrying until it's all set does work.

Yessir. Getting every jot and tittle can win the game.
Sometimes I might be better off with several units at only 1 or 2 lifepoints, instead of fewer brand new ones, eh?
Lots of barely-breathing units are a real pain-in-the-keester to get rid of, and they can put up a wall, and kill things.
You're right on the money.