Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MAN2 shutting down on me...restore?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:40 am 
Sea Wolf

I've been "booted" right out of MAN2 several times....the program completely shuts down from out of nowhere....while observing others' games in play, and on menu page, usually after clicking on "Challenges",etc....and during my own play....BTW , I think The Eye was in the sky at the time.
I Restored Profile.....hoping this will make a difference
So far so good, but havent played much since the Restore, so I will know more later on.
...and I would appreciate some feedback. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:04 am 
Developer

To tell you something, I need to have the log and a lot of other files. Run bug_report.exe right after a crash and send to me the generated archive. I can't say anything without an additional information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:13 pm 
Developer

I've looked through your files. There is nothing in the files which could point to failure due to a bug.

But I find suspicious your video driver is dated October, 29, 2004. Don't you think one is too old?

Please upgrade first, then, if the crash persists, generate bug report again and send it to me, Ok?

Good luck. It seems upgrading helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

Where do I get the driver upgrade?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:39 am 
Supreme Marshal

Rextrent wrote:
Where do I get the driver upgrade?

You should search driver for your videocard and your OS in the Internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:43 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have used DriverAgent to update. It cost a fee, but I guess that's what it takes. No Problem.
So far, so good. HAd problems at first, but worked with it, deleting and restoring and reloading, including MAN2 download again.
Thanks for advice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Rextrent wrote:
I have used DriverAgent to update. It cost a fee, but I guess that's what it takes. No Problem.
So far, so good. HAd problems at first, but worked with it, deleting and restoring and reloading, including MAN2 download again.
Thanks for advice!
You could have just gone to the manufacturer's website and got it for free.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

What manufacturer?....And how would I have known what to use?...For people like me, lots of computer stuff is unworkable, because I am largely uneducated about it. I tried some sites for free downloads, but most of them set you on wild goosechases full of bogus advertisements.
Once you know what to do, it becomes easy.
For me, lots of pc stuff isn't easy, though it "should be". I've discovered that my system can do most things for me, but not always.
I really want to learn, but I've learned almost everything by trial and error, good guesswork and a forgiving system with a restore option.
Thanks for the suggestion, though. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

The manufacturer of the Video Card or if you bought a Name Brand PC go to their website. Knowing to check with the person who makes something isn't rocket science it is common sence....oh wait... that is right we don't use that when it comes to a computer because it is "Technical"....steps off soap box.... 8)

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Me not berry smart... :)
My pc came from a small shop, and the guy built it....So it's not real obvious to me...(refer to first line)
However I did get a NVIDIA box with the purchase.
I came to conclusion to spend $$ so I could get the right stuff, maybe even some support. When it somes to pc's, (see first line again). 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:14 pm 
Sea Wolf

New driver download seemed to help for awhile...But just as I feared, I crashed again.
It has happened like this in the few times previous as well though. Generally speaking, I had been in chat mode, often typing just before the crash. Is it a possible connection?i.e. Chat Mode and crashing.
At this point, I have no way of knowing what effect the new driver is having. The MAN2 crashes were relatively infrequent before I installed new driver anyway.
Also, when I am chatting, a SPAM warning appears. I think that it is uncool and that it needs to be fixed, please....It is nothing like spam, when someone is chatting. Specifically I only use "private chat" which involves only two people. I really think that the SPAM warning is senseless. What purpose does it serve? Maybe the setting is just too sensitive?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

I really think there is something buggy about the chat-mode and/or game-watching. My game crashes without fail when I look in on another's game and chat...