Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Installation fails
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:25 am 
When i try to install the game i get the message "FDICopy() failed: code 4 [ci-temp0.cab]". I tried to install to different drives and also from different drives. I changet the Temporary Folder to another drive and downloaded the installation file about 5 or 6 times now. Search function didn't find anything helpfull, so i hope anybody can help me this way.

Thanks in forward,
Ramirez

Post subject: Re: Installation fails
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:09 am 
Ramirez wrote:
When i try to install the game i get the message "FDICopy() failed: code 4 [ci-temp0.cab]". I tried to install to different drives and also from different drives. I changet the Temporary Folder to another drive and downloaded the installation file about 5 or 6 times now. Search function didn't find anything helpfull, so i hope anybody can help me this way.

Thanks in forward,
Ramirez

Did the installation go successfully?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:41 am 
Veteran

Yes, I know this error. It's a RAM problem. It could be your RAM timings (overclocked?) or the RAM voltage (too low?).

I had the same problem with my Kingston Memory. After I increased the voltage all works fine.

Last edited by Morn on Wed May 10, 2006 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Installation fails
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 am 
Sea Wolf

Anonymous wrote:
Ramirez wrote:

Thanks in forward,
Ramirez

Did the installation go successfully?

It was me... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:51 am 
Conscript

No Inna. The Installation failed as topic sais. :)
Morn: Thanks for that hint, i will try. But Memory isn't overclocked nor did i change anything at the voltage.

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:29 am 
Veteran

Well, the default voltage of my Kingston memory was 2,6 V but it was too low for my Athlon64 system. Therefore I increased to 2,8 V and all worked fine.

Nevertheless I sold that Kingston memory three month ago.

You can test your memory with Memtest86+ ( http://www.memtest.org/#downiso ). Download the ISO, burn it and boot from CD. It will take circa 20 minutes for one cycle.

If you have further question to that topic write PM or ICQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:11 am 
Conscript

Tried to fix my problem through increasing the RAM-Voltage now. Tho it's Kingston too, 2.8V didn't solve my problem. Need help again. ;)

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:47 am 
Conscript

Perhaps i should mention that the failure is always while copiing the ambient_05.ogg (which means very early!).

Greetins,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:00 am 
Veteran

Hallo Stefan,

du sprichst deutsch - hдttest das ja gleich sagen kцnnen. ;-)

Ich habe dir eine PM geschickt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:33 am 
Conscript

Checked my memory now. The testing program throws no errors. But it's possible (not sure!) that there are somehow errors, because i've got errors in past that could be explained by bad memory too. It had been some months ago that my computer crashed when running World of Warcraft. The error-message said something about a write-error at memory address X. I checked my memory at this time too with no error, and solved the problem through playing in window-mode and not fullscreen. Last time i used memory check from Suse-Linux CD. This time i used yours.

You asked for some specifications of my computer so here they are:

Athlon 64 - 3700+
2x 1GB Kingston DDR 333
NVidia GForce 6800 GS
ABit KN8
DLing DWL520+ (WLAN)

Drivers are mostly in current version (maximum 2 weeks).

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:40 pm 
Veteran

Well, now I need your SPD timings, the timings you are using at the moment (if they are not equal) and your Command Rate (CR). You can get this information with EVEREST. It's a commercial product now but you can get the last freeware version here: http://www.soft-ware.net/system/steueru ... p04240.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:20 pm 
Conscript

My Timings: 2.5-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Hope they help you (and finaly me :) ).
I will not make it more easy to you helping me when I tell you, that I'm going to install SuSe 10.0 on my Computer that is supposed to be the one I play MAN2 with. :)
So we'll see if MAN2 is playable through wine or cedega. :) Perhaps it solves the problems with my installation to.

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:17 am 
Veteran

Probably you're using the Kingston value edition. These timings aren't too low therefore I don't think that's the problem. But what about the command rate? Try to set it to 2T if it's not.

Maybe you have a friend who can borrow you RAM for a short time (it should be no Kingston RAM ;-) ). Well, in all probability it's the memory but then you will know it for sure.

Next try: If you have time and the knowledge try to reinstall the operating system with the last service pack (I mean Windows) and install only drivers you need for playing MAN2 (Chipset driver, Graphics, Sound). You can keep your system if you're using a bootmanger for switching between the old and the new one.

Of course you can try SuSE and Wine but than you may encounter other difficulties. By the way SuSE 10.1 final is out. ;-)

Let me know any progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 am 
Conscript

Tried Suse now for 2 Days and I'm stuck.I can't get WoW to run (what is definitly worse than my problems with MAN2 ;) ) so i will return to Windows 2k-pro SP4 and think about linux again when Windows Vista is released.

In about 2 hours i will have information about MAN2 on my new clean win-installation :)

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:13 pm 
Conscript

Error stays at clean windows installation!

Greetings,
Stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:13 am 
Conscript

Downloaded the game with the clean windows installation again, and i've got a errormessage that a .dll can not be loadet (sorry - can't remember which). But Installation works now. Can upload the broken file from the windows installation before, if anybody is interested.

Greetings,
Stefan