Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Faster play patch?
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:01 pm 
Is it possible to make the games faster to play?....My biggest problem w/Domination was on big map games, especially several turns played, was a real lag in responsiveness....It becomes a drag, and no longer fun for me...I'm sure this is not a unique problem or concern, and I will repeat, ad nauseum, that MAN1 never had these issues...Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:21 am 
Developer

Hello,

We will think on how to optimize relatevily long wait time when the game and maps are loading. I think we have some reserves for this.

If you experience fps slowdown when playing on big planets, please try to disable the following options (they are listed from the greater to lower impact on the performance):

Shading (turning off speed ups FPS rate 1.5-2 times)
Shadows (turning off speed ups FPS rate 1.2-1.5 times)
Effects quality (set to “low” in case of slow performance for graphics effects like explosions)
Screen resolution (select lower screen resolution if you’re running game on PC with graphics card with less than 64Mb of Video memory)

Best Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:24 pm 
Thank you!
As there will no-doubt be many large and loong games played, Can you make some basic adjustments so that we won't need to readjust graphics settings?
I think it is very reasonable to assume that much of the game play will eventually be large and long and will result in the play-lag situation.
It would make good sense to make the fixes ahead-of-time.
Sea Switzerland, Trinity,etc are too good of maps to be disregarded because of inherent problems. I have been frustrated many times trying to finish these kinds of games with a hair-pulling retarded response, let alone the loading phases.
After all the extra waits and many games, it is maddening....and I know it isn't necessary(Again, I point to MAN1 as the control example)
Thank you for considering and responding.

Post subject: Slow play fix?
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:27 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Thank you!
As there will no-doubt be many large and loong games played, Can you make some basic adjustments so that we won't need to readjust graphics settings?
I think it is very reasonable to assume that much of the game play will eventually be large and long and will result in the play-lag situation.
It would make good sense to make the fixes ahead-of-time.
Sea Switzerland, Trinity,etc are too good of maps to be disregarded because of inherent problems. I have been frustrated many times trying to finish these kinds of games with a hair-pulling retarded response, let alone the loading phases.
After all the extra waits and many games, it is maddening....and I know it isn't necessary(Again, I point to MAN1 as the control example)
Thank you for considering and responding.

BTW- My settings are all on LOW...and sometimes play is faster or slower, which must reflect some other variable.(?)