Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: games crash after install of new patch
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:08 pm 
Sea Wolf

After installing the new patch large blank patches keep appearing on whatever game map i am playing. They sometimes dissappear and sometimes stay. Once they start appearing, they keep comming faster and faster untill the games crashes to my desktop and i get a message that "man2 had created errors and had to be closed by windows" Everything worked fine before i installed the update. Any suggestions? Also, planes no longer appear as a threat when you use the shift key. Will this be corrected?
I thought that this patch was suppose to make the game more stable, not less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:50 am 
Developer

Hello Storm440.

Actually, this patch does improve stability of the version. However, some glitches are hard to track because of their occasional appearance. When we know how to reproduce the bug - we can fix it for sure.

Is it possible that you tell Artmax what exactly needs to be done in order to repeat such a bug? Also, information provided with bug_report.exe (you can find it in directory where the game is installed) would be very helpful to us to trace this bug.

Concerning bombers, I just replied here:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25077

Regards,
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:53 am 
Sea Wolf

thank you for your quick response. What email address do i send the bug report to. The last time i created one it was returned with the message that the address was not valid. Also, do i have to wait till the game actually crashes to my desk top before i run the bug report tool or can i run the bug report as soon as the glitch starts to appear-while i am playing a turn. As an addition, I tried downloading the complete new version, uninstalling the game and then completely reinstalling and it has not helped. The only way i was able to finish the last turn i played was by clicking on the screen where i knew the "end turn" would be because fully 1/3 on my display had disappeared under a pale white/yellow rectangle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:17 pm 
Tough Nut

Similar problem here. Random yellow boxes appear but I don't get a crash until I exit to windows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:29 pm 
Veteran

It sounds like what happened to me when I updated the graphics driver. I solved it by installing an older graphics driver.

Changed the driver lately?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

I too am getting the yellow box. It looks just like the background on different information mouseover popups. I have not had to crash on me but after a bit a just close it out and reopen it to solve it.

I was just about to check for new drivers for my video card to see if it is related.

I had this problem on 2 different computers.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:09 pm 
Sea Wolf

have not changed the video drivers. Using the same ones that worked with the last version of the game. But i may try installing a different version to see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:26 am 
Developer

I shall confirm that this bug is not about video drivers and 3 people claiming the same bug so far - is quite enough to get it fixed if you all send log-file and bug report to Artmax at (artmax at wargaming.net)

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:43 am 
Developer

For those who dares I suggest trying the following:

1. Uninstall the patched version of MAN2 from your PC.
2. Download MAN2 beta v 205 and map pack, install them and restore your profile.

There's a chance that you will not have this bug, but we can't say for sure at the moment. The problem is that our QA team can't produce it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi Nick, I tried uninstalling man2 and then reinstalling from a new download of the game last weekend and it did the same thing. I will not be able to send the log file untill wed, when i return home. Should i also run the bug report program, or do i have to wait till i am playing the game and it malfunctions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:55 pm 
Conscript

I also am experiencing these yellow boxes appearing i am presently uninstalling and reinstalling hope it works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:34 am 
Developer

Hello Storm440,

You should launch the game on Wed and play it until this bug appear.
Then you can exit the game and run bug report. It will create archive in the same directory where the game is installed with your comp info and MAN2 log. We need this file from you to trace the bug and fix it.

I hoped re-install would resolve this problem, still waiting for response from our QA team on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:21 pm 
Conscript

No sorry this did not work i uninstalled man2 and then tried to reinstall no i get an error while downloading that only 3/4 is downloaded and should try again after multiple times trying to download same error is shown please help Thanks Madmax

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:01 am 
Tough Nut

rarely this happens to me too, but it happened before the patch allready.
For me restarting the game always helped and it never crashed as far i remember.
for all those who need the old version, it can still be downloaded from here: http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/do ... _patch.exe

cya on the bAtTlEfIeLd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:01 pm 
Sea Wolf

After reviewing my bug report and logs, artmax has informed me that He is working on the problem but that i (and i assume everyone else that has them) will have these yellow rectangles whenever we run the new game version. Thank you for the response Aurthor

Post subject: Yellow Rectangles
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:04 pm 
Conscript

I have finally been able to reinstall after about 20 attemps. But these yellow rectangles still appear it gets pretty annoying when the bigg one appears and covers 75% of my srceen.
Try to get out of game because this one does not go away.
I never had Problems like this before the patch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:41 am 
Veteran

Hello,
I noticed that the white/yellow boxes disappears when some help texts appears.
For example, letting the mouse over the 'Games' tab will give the help text :'Click to view all your games' and when this text appears, the white/yellow boxes vanishes (to reappear as soon as the text disappear).
Hope that can help to identify the causes of the bug...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:25 pm 
Veteran

That's exactly what happened to me some time ago, before the patch. I managed to fix it, maybe it was new directx-drivers or a change made in graphics options in-game, don't remember.
Has anybody with this problem tried adjusting in-game graphics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:45 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have tried several graphic settings and several versions of drivers for my graphic cards and this does not help. A few posts back one of the Devlopers said that this was not a problem with graphic drivers. I have not had any of the patches appear unless I am actually playing a game, but from what Pitor has posted, some players are getting the yellow patches from the main screen.

Post subject: Yellow Box
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 pm 
Conscript

I too have this problem on my laptop. Sometimes the yellow box is small, and I can play through it, sometimes it's rather large, and I can't. Rather frustrating gents....