Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Person with question mark? - What's that?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:11 pm 
Veteran

There's this in-game icon of a person with a question mark below the drop down menu. First of all, what is it? Previously there was a green eye there which I figured must be present when someone is viewing your game, but I don't know what this new symbol means. Secondly, it's rather annoying (kinda big - takes up lots of screen real-estate) - can there be an option to get rid of it or maybe make it smaller (next to drop down menu?).

Also (minor issue), when I upgraded my preferences weren't saved. Somewhat annoying.

thanks for the great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:56 am 
Developer

Quote:
There's this in-game icon of a person with a question mark below the drop down menu. First of all, what is it?

This is the default avatar for trial players. If you purchased lifetime subscription, you can replace it with yours from My Profile section.

Green eye still remains and it is displayed when your opponent is wathcing your turn.

Quote:
Secondly, it's rather annoying (kinda big - takes up lots of screen real-estate) - can there be an option to get rid of it or maybe make it smaller (next to drop down menu?).

We're thinking about placing both avatars in left and right top corners, so the middle part will become not such overloaded with info.

Quote:
Also (minor issue), when I upgraded my preferences weren't saved. Somewhat annoying.

Graphic settings were reset to default value after patching - this is how patching works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:21 am 
Tough Nut

Quote:
We're thinking about placing both avatars in left and right top corners, so the middle part will become not such overloaded with info.

This would be a much better spot than right in the middle of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:43 pm 
Veteran

Quote:
Graphic settings were reset to default value after patching - this is how patching works.

As far as I can tell ALL settings are reset to default, as they have been in every patch!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:39 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Tryptamon wrote:
Quote:

As far as I can tell ALL settings are reset to default, as they have been in every patch!?

Your settings has been saved in the folder with your profile. After installation of the patch you, probably, restore your profile, but the first action during this process - deleting of the folder with your profile (including file with settings).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:57 am 
Sea Wolf

Will we have another poll: regarding avatar placement?
I am a player who prefers little distraction on the screen, usually w/o a chatbox, fer instance, and if using it, reduced to it's smallest version.
Maybe a "more faded version" could be an option, so it can be easily seen through?...like very light fog?
So here is my vote: please do not obfuscate the screen! :)