Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:24 am 
Conscript

is there a way to increase the skill of the ai in the deathmatch setting? the ai tends to attack at all costs and does not understand it can retreat within a region and still control it by posting units just inside the border and rebuild using the new units it creates at the end of its turn. it attacks even in no win situations and loses troops to could use for later battles.

also the ai does not prioritize its targets very well. instead it attacks the closest units and allows the human player to destoy the ai army with ranged weapons. on the up side it does a very good job thinking out its moves and getting a maximum amount of kills for its units. it just seems to kill the units in the front line with low attack values instead of trying to take out the powerful parts of the army.

lastly the ai has a strange priority for new units. it always produces low cost "meat shield" units that are designed to be in the front lines taking up space and slowing the enemy down while the high attack/high cost ranged units sit in the back. the ai appears to examine its own units and builds an army based on what it "thinks" it needs with low cost units being the first priority, instead of looking at the make up of an attacking army and building units accordingly.

i know that building a good ai is no easy task and this ai is good considering the complexity of the game. i am only bringing it up because this game is in the testing stages. even in the games i normally play the ai is lacking in some respect.

goodluck :smile:
--bellkev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:46 am 
Tough Nut

Well there is no way for US to change the AI difficulty but My understanding is they are still working on the AI for the most part.

I also believe the pushing behind the game is the Multi-Player aspect of it. Human v Human. That wa the original design of the game. But that is not to say they should improve the AI some or atleast optimize it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:28 am 
Veteran

also where it builds the units
im just about to take the border and stop his revenue so it builds units at the far end of his territory and just waste his revenue
just thought i would add that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:50 am 
Tough Nut

I believe they have the AI Building fix in a upcoming patch ? Correct me if I'm wrong here now. (Sky Said it was a easy fix)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:51 pm 
Veteran

they're fixing naval support, but I don't know about better deployment of troops or any other fixes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:59 pm 
Sea Wolf

yeah I've never seen ai build a plane or boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:03 pm 
Veteran

it does make it a lot easier, especially on island maps :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:13 pm 
Sea Wolf

yeah i like that :smile:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]