Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:08 pm 
Levy

Ok, i just bought a new video card last week. Its the G-force 4 MX 420. I installed it. Then the system started to freeze randomly. And i would have to turn it off, and then back on.

So i downloaded the new drivers. And it still does it, and kind of got worse. Here are my specs of my computer:

G-force 4 MX 420, 128 megs of RAM, 1.7 gig processer, Direct-X 9

My question is does anybody know why this happens???????????????????????????????? Could it be caused by shutting the down the computer every night, or something like that?? Please help me if you can!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:15 pm 
Developer

Well, if you've changed video card (and drivers) only, your problem is because video card or divers. No other reasons. If your previous video card was GeForce2/3, it's video card definitely. Try to set STABLE drivers from manufacturer of video card (i.e. ASUS, MicroStar, etc.), then if it will not help - try latest stable drivers from http://www.nvidia.com. If it does not help - try to replace this video card by another GF4MX-420. Probably your new card has some defects. It happens.

However, I can guess 2 other reasons, but they are quite improbable:
1) Your video card is too hot and require additional cooling, so now your PC is overheating. Try to work with opened case.
2) New video card consumes a lot of power and your power unit cannot supply it.

Anyway the best you can do is to test GF4MX-420 which is known to be stable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:48 pm 
Levy

i think it is because of some of those reasons. I had a Intel Extreme graphics card in here before it. And i usually shut my computer down everynight. But im going to leave it on for now on. Also it does get pretty hot in my house, so the card cood get a little hot. I guess putting on the fans could help that problem. And i need to get more RAM. But thanks for helping me. I think getting more RAM, and maybe a little other stuff will make it better. Atleast i hope it will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:26 pm 
Sea Wolf

it's either power supply or cooling, or aybe it's not installed correctly, although sinec it's agp i doubt you put it in wroong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]