Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:37 pm 
Conscript

Thanks for the link to the other thread (it was before my time). I certainly agree that playing with a grace period of 12 to 24 hours would be really cool if that could be implemented.

As for the playing on other profiles - this concern really surprised me - not sure that there is really much of a gain from this at all. In addition, if there is a concern - can this not be easily checked/prevented? I am not very knowledge about ISPs and all that - but if the same profile is being regularly used from very different ISPs, is that not an easy way to check?

Although, really, I want to play my games myself...this is the game and for me at least...the fun comes from playing it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:00 am 
Veteran

Iskabis wrote:
I'm a little curious as to what the chess-clock naysayers are actually suggesting. I've seen a bunch of complaints about the chess clock, but I don't recall seeing any criticism that was actually constructive.

What, exactly, is the alternative that would satisfy the chess-clock-haters and still allow us to finish the tournament before the year 2012?

Guys :) At last game has again returned all of you to discussion of temporary conditions of carrying out of tournament.
I was silent in a forum and simply observed as there is a discussion and as there is a game. There are many worthy winners:) It Is assured that will win the strongest, and the main thing to whom will suffice time and forces to put game in tournament above than family and work :)

Azure, Iskabis

Here one more link in which almost one year ago was discussed this theme. There I offered the formula of carrying out of tournament quite good on my account. But it has not found understanding at developers. Not clearly by the way why.

http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=19854

It is very a pity to observe.. As one behind another strong players withdraw.. And not only strong.
What for annual tournament was necessary :)? Will win in it against whom time will suffice :)
I for a long time already suggested to arrange small tournaments. So would be more interestingly and more fascinatingly. It is possible to arrange tournaments in a separate map for example:) For example.. "King Edena" and other.
Specially for developers I have an offer:) It certainly already separate theme... But they could consider such opportunity.
For example.. To make tournaments by a principle of game in poker. The player himself installs quantity of players, their possible ranks for participation, a payment for participation in tournament... For example 20 players equal on forces are thrown off on 10 chesspieces and form prize-winning fund of 200 chesspieces.
10 % of fund go as a payment for gathering, and 190 players play the others among themselves. Distribution of payment of places in tournament it already details. For example the winner receives 40 %, 2 - 25 %, 3-15 %, 4... And so on.
I shall repeat.. That it already absolutely other theme.. Money corrupt people:) and consequently such plan can and not get accustomed. But if it will exist that it can add acuteness and adrenaline to game. And rates can be any:) for interest for example 5-10 $.
Once again I shall repeat that I do not agitate for such game:) and has written for attention of developers. It can them will interest.
Well and certainly these games should be without a chess clock that there was no temptation to use cunning in due course the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Tiger wrote:
The map for the next round will be Treasure Island.

Is there any ideas about date of beginning of a new round?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:56 am 
Supreme Marshal

Hugo Chavez wrote:
Tiger wrote:
The map for the next round will be Treasure Island.

Is there any ideas about date of beginning of a new round?

Perhaps, new round could be started May, 29 or 30.

Post subject: I can't play next rounds
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:21 pm 
Tough Nut

Hello all.
I'm sorry but next week I will be out of the city so I will lost the next round. And the next also becouse in July I will take my holidays.
So please, don't create games for me.
I would like to continue in the tournament after this delay. I hope it will be posible.
Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:14 am 
Supreme Marshal

The winners of the first division in the Round 3:
1. 1_Rocklizard
2. AHgpeu
3. Alliance

The following players have got transferable awards:

Division 1
1_Rocklizard
AHgpeu
Alliance

Division 2
ravermeister

Division 3
Igor9

Division 4
YROR

Division 5
Prapor

Division 6
dolbaker

Division 7
mds

Division 8
Legacy

Division 9
Detroit

Division 10
BALLBREAKER

Division 11
Azure

Division 12
yannium

Division 13
sapara

Division 14
Bambr

Division 15
3AKOH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:21 am 
Supreme Marshal

All the battles of the tourney competition have just been created on Treasure Island planet and you are welcomed to start fighting RIGHT NOW!!!

Observe the opponents of your division:
http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/ma ... ment_id=11

All of the players, who are yet not in the contest, are welcomed to register:
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/tournaments.php

Remember, that ONLY players with The Subscription can sign up.

Have fun playing "King of M.A.N. 2 Hill 2008" Tourney!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:21 pm 
Conscript

It might be a problem on my side, but I have not been able to log in for 2 days!! Also the website was not working, while all other websites could be accessed.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? On treasure island, time might be the decision in quite some battles as the terrain is slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:11 pm 
Supreme Marshal

This evening at 4:55 pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost.

We have just been allowed into the building to physically inspect the damage. Early indications are that the short was in a high-volume wire conduit. We were not allowed to activate our backup generator plan based on instructions from the fire department.

This is a significant outage, impacting approximately 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers. All members of our support team are in, and all vendors who supply us with data center equipment are on site. Our initial assessment, although early, points to being able to have some service restored by mid-afternoon on Sunday. Rest assured we are working around the clock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:12 pm 
Supreme Marshal

As far as I know, game-server didn't work about 24 hours.

Post subject: new map?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 am 
Tough Nut

Well were on San Fernando this round, any info on the next map in the rotation? next 2 rounds are supposed to be new maps. Personally I don't like being in the middle of the annual tournament and a few so called new maps are supposed to be coming soon. Is the tournament supposed to be for competing on beta maps? why be secretive about it . To me a tournament is not the place to have any confusion over what the maps will be for all the rounds, they should be released a month or so ahead of the rotation so we can try them out see if they work properly etc. We have been hearing about new maps for quite some time, so if they are ready, go ahead and release them so we can try them out,if not then lets get the next 2 map rotations picked and get on with it please.
I am not against new maps, they would be welcome additions,but not very sporting if they are released mid tournament as some of the developers play in the tournament, and may have had the opportunity to get a lot of play time on them before being released to the paying public lol. My 2 cents anyhoo,thanks!

That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 am 
Sea Wolf

Tiger:

Unfortunatley I am going to stop playing the tournament indefinatley....

Work and Family comitments means I won't be able to committ enough time to be a worthy opponent.

Thanks very much for organisisng the tournament. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wish all the players good luck.

Have fun

Ravermeister. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:16 am 
Sea Wolf

Please remove me from the tournament as well.
Is there a thread for players who want to be removed?
It's been real...
Hopefully we can have a more relaxed tournament using only a few maps with 3-5 day limits, maybe even 7?
The chess clock is designed for VERY diligent players and not the casual good-times player.
It's a great game and a pretty fine (though kind of quiet) community. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:18 am 
Sea Wolf

Any ideas about next round start up date?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:50 am 
Supreme Marshal

The winners of the first division in the Round 4:
1. Pitor
2. 1_Rocklizard
3. AHgpeu

The following players have got transferable awards:

Division 1
Pitor
1_Rocklizard
AHgpeu

Division 2
Jedi_Knight

Division 3
cujo

Division 4
1_Rory

Division 5
Flash

Division 6
GunRunner

Division 7
Legacy

Division 8
Detroit

Division 9
BALLBREAKER

Division 10
Azure

Division 11
yannium

Division 12
sapara

Division 13
Hugo Chavez

Division 14
3AKOH

Division 15
Alexei_1982

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:33 am 
Levy

Remove me from the tournament as well, please.

Post subject: Top players leaving
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:33 am 
Tough Nut

Aww no!!!! First MortonHQ, then Ravermeister and now Isakabis dropping out due to time commitments - this tournament is becoming less of a challenge of skill and more of a challenge of Endurance.

Is there any support for bringing it to an end earlier and going for a format that allows the best players to play a tournament that requires less effort (in terms of multiple simultaneous games) and more skill (in particular playing some of the bigger maps)?

Isk - I hope it was not the result of our game that finally made your mind up? If you change your mind, I'll throw our game in the next round as compensation ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Iskabis wrote:
Remove me from the tournament as well, please.

Sorry, but it's too later. I've already started creating of battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 pm 
Supreme Marshal

All the battles of the tourney competition have just been created on San Fernando planet and you are welcomed to start fighting RIGHT NOW!!!

Observe the opponents of your division:
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/m ... ment_id=12

All of the players, who are yet not in the contest, are welcomed to register:
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/tournaments.php

Remember, that ONLY players with The Subscription can sign up.

Have fun playing "King of M.A.N. 2 Hill 2008" Tourney!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:24 pm 
Sea Wolf

Well, and what about bonus points? It's look like I'm a winnner in 13 division - but no bonus points :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next