Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm Green Today, Need Some Help To "Age"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:39 pm 
Veteran

I'd like to play some games not on Antarticus. I'm new so I'd like to have so other newer people to play but at this point I'll take a game from just about anybody (Tiger challenged me and although I know it's suicide I accepted). I haven't played much on big maps so you'll get an easy win. If you're going to be an ass when you beat me I'd rather not play you. Don't mind losing but I do mind people that can't be classy winners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:53 pm 
Tough Nut

I am very new myself and would like to play someone of my own skill level on noble rust ... looking forward to your challenge dracovius.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:12 pm 
P.L. Marshal

i think best place for world wars for new players is Emerald planet - so if you not installed it yet i recommend to do it as soon as possible.Emerald looks nice,it's small and it's geography is much more interesting than boring antarcticus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:13 am 
Veteran

Yeah, that was fun. Don't think I'm gonna play this game too long if that's what the online battles are like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:21 am 
Tough Nut

I hit repair ... the game is no longer in any of my windows ... if it is still in yours please hit the repair button.

I havnt had a problem with the game yet ...

did you update to the latest version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:14 am 
Veteran

Repair worked...I'm referring to the ass kicking as not being fun. I surrendered so you should have a win for the game. It shows as a completed game w/surrender in my log.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:40 am 
Tough Nut

Gentlemen, gentlemen, you can't fight here, this is the War Room.

Dracovirus, you have to take your lumps now, so you can give them out when you're further up the learning curve.

And ignore Mr. Akobes, Emerald is a crappy little planet. Try one of the bigger ones, like Noble Rust or Wasserworld. You've got a little room to manuver there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:03 pm 
Veteran

Oh, I'm not fighting, just bitching. There was a problem with one of the turns but he told me about repair and it fixed everything. I don't know if he's logged in since I surrendered.
The fact that the AI doesn't use transports leaves you totally unprepared for any of the bigger maps. You can adjust on the smallest ones when you first play but it's quite a shock on the larger maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:12 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 kanivore - you speak noncence. hadn't you read that they are both relative newbies?If they start new paradize now they will never finish it
PS write my name like this and i will kill you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:31 pm 
Tough Nut

fight? no problems here.

I logged on and I cant find our game anywhere drac... doesnt matter .. I just wanted to make sure you had updated/ patched the game .. that is one problem I do know about. Two different versions of the game does not play well multiplayer .. just ask mrakobe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:36 pm 
Tough Nut

forgot to mention ... yes transports play a big part in any map I think .. maybe little less so on the smallest planets.

I watched a few replays when I had the demo. When I noticed how good transports were on emerald, the AI didnt have a chance anymore. Before I used transports the AI was challanging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:08 pm 
Tough Nut

Mrakobes (feel better?) oh, pish tosh. The problem is I find most games on the small planets to be all done but the dying within the first few moves. A larger map would give them a chance to hang in the balance and force them to fight a war of mobility instead of a LAV/Smallfoot-battleline-war-of-attrition like you inevitably see the Antarcticus border clashes grinding down into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:12 pm 
Veteran

To the devs...is there anything that can be done to get him credit for the win...it clearly shows as a loss in my completed games.

Are there any other "new" players out there? I mean people that just got the game and haven't played more than once or twice on line that need to play somebody around there experience level? It's hard to get MP games. Doesn't seem like anybody challenges. I put out a couple of them to other new people but haven't heard back. Disappointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:17 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 Dracovius - lol if i were you i would send not 2 but like 2 dozens of challenges to any people in list who have 1-2 victories...if a least half of them answers you'll get enough games to play.And if you want something more interesting you can always challenge me :P And yes some peoples seems like never answer - we cant force them to play....i usually just delete such challenges after a week or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:43 pm 
Tough Nut

our game was my third multi player game. kitten and lola were my first 2

come to think of it .. you should play them ... I had good games with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:58 pm 
Veteran

I am playing them right now. I've got 4 games active but I can certainly pick up a lot more...Kitten and Lola are great to play against but they're in a much different time zone so we're not moving along all that fast and they've got a million other games going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:55 pm 
Veteran

OK, sixteen challenges sent today to the lowest ranked players out there. Curious to see what I get back. I agree with many of the other posts that the community for this game is surprisingly small considering it has been released globally and is a very solid game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:23 pm 
Tough Nut

Hi there, I'm not sure if you challenged me yet. I had to surrender/turn down games a few days ago. My computer had up and died right b4 the thournament started so I had to catch up. Im in a better position now though and am willing to get my ass beaten by you too. (im not all that great at this game yet though i do hope im getting better) so if you havent sent me a challenge ill send one out to you. ps, feel free to contact me via any of the 4 chat programs so we can talk about the game easier while its going. that should help too =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:37 pm 
Veteran

Thanks Catlyn. I would have challenged you but I saw your posts about problems so I left you alone :D I don't have any of the chat services...is there one you recommend more than the others? I do have a Yahoo ID so that may be the easiest for me to set up.

Post subject: chating
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:44 pm 
Tough Nut

yeah my comp had ickiness but its good now thank god =)
seems most ppl here have icq or msn. i have all 4 an honestly they are all the same just get ythe one that the most ppl on here are on =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]