Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:38 pm 
back to the subject....

lola did time out on me and I liked that game. Tell me, what good is a mentor if #1) They don't send you any communication whatsoever during a game, #2) You get one move a week and by the time your halfway through you've all ready started and finished 25 other games against other opponents.

So what is the point thing for timed out games? How much did I get from lola not sending her move in time? Probably not the same amount I would've got for flat out winning. Which I was going to do within 3 turns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:20 pm 
Sea Wolf

I'm pretty sure the winner gets the same number of points regardless of how it happened.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:29 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have to agree with the points two posts up. MENTOR games need to be quick, and they need to involve a LOT of messages. If they don't happen before you run into other players, then they're not a lot of use. If your opponent doesn't point out your mistakes or give you hints, then again, it.s no use at all. You'd get better value from a replay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:06 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Lola was on vacation that's why she was not answering
now she is back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:20 pm 
Sea Wolf

We have several new Mentors that might help with the response time of each one, but keep in mind that there are many new people signing up every day, and each gets a mentoring game. In my first week I got 80 games, and I am a part-time Mentor. The full-time Mentors (lola, Tiger, and Lee) get many more. Because of this its hard to give individual attention that each player would have in an ideal situation.

I can't speak for the others, but I do my best to point out tactical mistakes or applaud good decisions in my Mentoring games. I offer to answer any questions they have, and even tell them how to send messages. I have found that most players haven't responded back, though.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2