Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: QUITTERS!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:15 pm 
Why do people quit when they start to lose? As soon as they start to realize they are losing they refuse to send back....

General Lola
BranWheatKilla
Denwir

Just to name a few....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:57 pm 
Sea Wolf

Lola is the Support Manager for the dev team. She has over a hundred games going on at once, you'll be waiting a while for her to take a turn since she automatically challenges every new Conscript.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:01 pm 
Sea Wolf

Pfft, I've got 4 or 5 going right now where the other guy (apparently) quit before the game started!

And yeah, lola's got quite a few games going, but I'm sure she'll get back around to you soon enough.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:51 pm 
lola's got 3 days left before time is up....

i don't mean to get personal or anything, it just sucks to get far into a game and have no conclusion. it was just a big waste of time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:56 am 
Developer

Lola is seek a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:46 am 
Supreme Marshal

You can send me challenge (any map and any side).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:14 am 
Veteran

You said she had 3 days left. If you play a game with turn timeout at 14 days, then you should let your opponent use 14 days if they wish.

Also remember: When the turn timeout is out, they will automatically lose the game with zero score. This is a penalty, as they would have gained points for losing or surrendering. If you think someone has stopped replying, just assume a win and challenge somebody else.

Also, Tiger replies pretty fast if you want to play him. He also never loses. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:25 am 
Veteran

The problem with people who quit before the battle's lost and won is that they lack honor. They couldn't stand to accept loss, so, like the cartoon villains, they flee the battle and quote, "I'll be back again someday! You will lose!"

These people are victory thieves. They rip the fresh savory meat of victory from right out of your mouths. They should incorporate the ability to mark people as dishonorable for the deed.

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:30 am 
Sea Wolf

Deestan wrote:
You said she had 3 days left. If you play a game with turn timeout at 14 days, then you should let your opponent use 14 days if they wish.

Also remember: When the turn timeout is out, they will automatically lose the game with zero score. This is a penalty, as they would have gained points for losing or surrendering. If you think someone has stopped replying, just assume a win and challenge somebody else.

Also, Tiger replies pretty fast if you want to play him. He also never loses. :)

I beat him as a Conscript :D...then got whooped in the rematch. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:00 pm 
Conscript

I know a few weeks back I fell behind on my turns due to a very bad illness. And now that I'm back, nobody seems to be catching up with the turns I sent. Well, 1 or 2 people have, but that's about it.

And I forget who it is, but they offered to show me the ropes with the game, and instead is just decimating me by turn three. It's a very un-fun game with them. They didn't offer any advice (except to say "I'm hear to help you learn the game") and from then on just reamed me hard. Kind of turned me off the game a bit. But I'm still around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:15 pm 
Veteran

If you post replays of these games I'm sure someone will be kind enough to make comments for you. :)

Post subject: quitters
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:32 pm 
Deestan wrote:

I dont know how to cancel games when people have passed their time limit - it may leave them no points - but I still want to be able to clear my list - is there a "finish" button coming at some stage in an update?

Post subject: quitters
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:33 pm 
Deestan wrote:

I dont know how to cancel games when people have passed their time limit - it may leave them no points - but I still want to be able to clear my list - is there a "finish" button coming at some stage in an update?

Post subject: Re: quitters
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 pm 
Veteran

tipsey wrote:

Yep! :D It's coming in the new patch: a "Finish" button for timed out games. The beta is already out and working perfectly (at least for me), and they will be releasing the final release this week.

Post subject: surrender and dishonor
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:00 am 
hey

if your oppenent is by passing the cities when he can obviously move into them after 2 turns.... then he is playing the percent game....now im my opinion, this is a very bad thing.

one. we play for fun and competition. but when you start playing for the high percent factor.... your basicly farting in my face...which is rude.

two. if you do this to me more then once... il think twice about playing with you again. and since there are more then 1500 players... then you wont miss me.nor i you.

surrender.....if you get under 52 percent...and its not turn 23...and you dont have a large but spread out army...then surrender. and start a rematch...with the random placement of starting units every game is differnt.

i surrender for 2 reasons....if i dont meet the above requirement and if my oppenent is a freind.... tho i will sometimes play till the bitter end if my oppenent plays a strong game... since he worked for it...let him have his victory.

but if he by passes cities for percentage...screw him and surrender.

dishonor.... this is a game.... but lets cover dishonor.

people playing for percentage are dishonorable...dispicable..and a few other dis- words.

have a nice day..see you in game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:09 am 
Sea Wolf

The objective is to get a 300% or greater balance. If you're not playing to this then you're not a very bright commander, since any commander worth an ounce of salt attempts to achieve their objective however they can. Forget what your objective is, or ignore it, and you will constantly lose. I play to win, not to please my opponent by playing to their rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 5:10 am 
P.L. Marshal

i dont understand what Xzanth talking about...he means that opponent intentionally NOT taking capitals? what for? and anyway...nobody ever asked you to play if you dont want to so if you bored just surrender - regardless of what opponent doing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:17 am 
Sea Wolf

Yeah, I mean without the city you don't own the territory and thus your percentage would be lower than it could be...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:09 am 
Veteran

This reminds me of one of the more annoying aspects of playing First Person Shooters online: Newbie players calling for a ban on each and every weapon and strategy they get beaten by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 7:34 am 
Sea Wolf

Now that is familiar.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next