Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Defending Kreuznung
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:56 pm 
P.L. Marshal

It seems i am stuck again lolz :evil: Phantom league campaign - battle number five where i need to defend Kreuznung against an army of enemies pouring from two sides..i luckily bombed both their rocket launchers but i don't have firepower to stop such an Uber Huge Horde of tanks and robots...they just squish anything in their way and take capital...any tips or advices about unit deployment or tactics needed to protect Kreuznung until help arrives

Post subject: Re: Defending Kreuznung
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:03 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
It seems i am stuck again lolz :evil: Phantom league campaign - battle number five where i need to defend Kreuznung against an army of enemies pouring from two sides..i luckily bombed both their rocket launchers but i don't have firepower to stop such an Uber Huge Horde of tanks and robots...they just squish anything in their way and take capital...any tips or advices about unit deployment or tactics needed to protect Kreuznung until help arrives

Well, you know, these hard scenarios and campaigns give you damn good training before you start playing other peope in the Multiplayer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:02 am 
P.L. Marshal

thanx Vic you've been VERY helpful and VERY knowledgeable :evil:
but i don't believe that in multiplayer game enemy will ever have such a huge numerrical superiority at the starting moment...planetary battles seems to offer more-or-less-equal opportunities..unlike such insane scenarios

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:

but i don't believe that in multiplayer game enemy will ever have such a huge numerrical superiority at the starting moment...planetary battles seems to offer more-or-less-equal opportunities..unlike such insane scenarios

Frankly speaking - YES - those Multiplayer World Wars against live opponents are those games where you will all the time be facing enemy's LOCAL superiority in certain regions of the planet. Though the Secret Alliesr are distrubuted randomly, usually, there are some parts whith more of your Secret Allies, and certainly some places (the whole continents) with no or very little of your foces. And in such games it is very important to be able to hold those "distadvantageous" regions against superior enemy forces. A player who is skillful enough to do that usually wins the game.

Wanna try?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:50 pm 
Tough Nut

Hmmmm vic, you sound like a true wise vetren of war 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

he probably helped program the AI or made up the mission I'm not surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:51 pm 
P.L. Marshal

YAAAAAAY!!! i finally did it!!! but it took me like 2 days and like 7-8 hours of gameplay and dozens of reloads :evil: i should say it's most difficult and unbalanced scenario ever made - even following 6th scenario is waay easier.
And about what Vic wrote...what you mean "wanna try"? we tried hot-sit play with my friend (played antarcticus and bizzare world wars don't have time for large maps yet.
And still i should say - in multiplayer you have choice - which ally to activate or do NOT activate ally in place where enemy has 3-to-1 superiority and will slaughter you easily.You do NOT lose instantly if you lose just one country - but in this scenario you have to defend Kreuznung at all cost against all adds.And if multiplayer forces in general are approximately equal.Here enemy have 2-to-1 superiority counting all units and may recruit units in 2 countries near Kreuznung (and i can not recruit there at all because enemy is in it's territory at start)

So i understand that you feel yourself such an Uber PvP strategist....but you can't argue that any kind of multiplayer is way easier than Kreuznung scenario so i dunno what for you wrote all that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:41 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
YAAAAAAY!!! i finally did it!!! but it took me like 2 days and like 7-8 hours of gameplay and dozens of reloads :evil: i should say it's most difficult and unbalanced scenario ever made - even following 6th scenario is waay easier.

Yeah... now you may consider that you've had the "baptising by real fire"... from now on other scenarios and even World Wars against some live opponents will feel much easier, eh? :-)

However, there are still MORE difficult scenarios than this one.

Mrakobes wrote:

And still i should say - in multiplayer you have choice - which ally to activate or do NOT activate ally in place where enemy has 3-to-1 superiority and will slaughter you easily.

It's true partially, but the whole concept of World Wars is that you do NOT know, wheter the enemy has or doesn't have superiority in this or that regeion, because his Allies are also Secret.
Example: You have two Secret Allier on a continent.
Is it a lot or is it still your "weak" region? Will they survive if you disclose one or two of them? - it's hard to tell! Because if the enemy has only one or none Secret Allies on this continent - of course it's YOU who have superiority here and may even conquer the whole continent.

However, if the enemy has 3 or 4 Secret Allies in the visinity (and he may also have some Secret Allies just across the channel and disclose them and bring huge reinforcements by Naval Transports). In this case, you may find yourself fighing in the circumstances similar to that "unbalanced" scenario against your will. If you lose that country fast - you will give the enemy huge advantage - he will get the Indemnity, Revenue, plus he will have a huge amount of freed forces and will direct it to other regions.
But if you manage to defend (or at least hold for a very long time) this country of yours (like blocking a narrow path, or using your city as an airbase , etc.), then you will "FREEZE" a lot of enemy troops, which he will not be able to use in other regions.

I am not saying that you will keep getting that "Scenario 5" situation in each and every World War, but if you play with experienced players, you will have to be able to cope with extremely hard situations like this and many other even harder "set ups". In this game the World War rarely goes according to YOUR plan 100%. Usually, the enemy's actions make BIG modifications to your plans and often the whole situation changes completely after the enemy discloses his new Secret Ally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:21 am 
P.L. Marshal

Scenario five is no longer a question because i finished campaign.
but i have a few words to add about what Vic said here...He keeps insisting that playing against AI helps to gain useful experience for multiplayer...after several hot-seat games i came to a conclusion that all my AI-fighting experience is either useless either even harmful.AI is dumb.AI never uses naval transports...never uses aircraft carriers (though usinng carrier is what the modern and probably future navel war is about)Player not acts like AI - even a beginner player is MUCH faster and aggressive opponent.Couple of times even totally inexperienced players (who seen this game for the first time) were able to inflict heavy losses on my troops because after fighting AI i became too careless :evil: .For example i used to deploy alot of Annihilators...since long-range artilery is very useful against AI and AI rarely tries to destroy it.But human opponents sometimes find a very fast way to destroy artilleries - sending few Bots via naval transports for example...Ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:43 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
Player not acts like AI - even a beginner player is MUCH faster and aggressive opponent.Couple of times even totally inexperienced players (who seen this game for the first time) were able to inflict heavy losses on my troops because after fighting AI i became too careless :evil: .For example i used to deploy alot of Annihilators...since long-range artilery is very useful against AI and AI rarely tries to destroy it.But human opponents sometimes find a very fast way to destroy artilleries - sending few Bots via naval transports for example...Ouch.

:D

Good, Mrako...

It's seems that it's just the right time for you to start fighting vs live opponents in the online mode. What is your Alias?

You can start playing with Kitten first. She's our Mentor.
And there are a lot of experienced players who will give you hard times online:
Tiger, Sky Keeper, Vadim, Victor (me), DryFire

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:56 am 
P.L. Marshal

the point of my last post was that AI could (and should) be improved.
but Vic's only response on any kind of constructive criticizm is offer to play with him online..probably he hopes to beat anybody to the pulp and in this way prove that he is right lol

Post subject: Re: LOL
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:38 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
the point of my last post was that AI could (and should) be improved.
but Vic's only response on any kind of constructive criticizm is offer to play with him online..probably he hopes to beat anybody to the pulp and in this way prove that he is right lol

Yes, Mrako, I adimitt that you are right... A.I. definitely needs improvements. And that's what we are working on... in fact

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:30 pm 
P.L. Marshal

now i re-read my first post here... :roll:
and laughed alot :lol:
now i barely understand what the hell i was speaking here :D
lol
finishing this scenario seems to be easy for me now
that's a lesson for you all whiney n00bs :P
dont yell that game is difficult until you learn how to play it
or you will feel youself stupid later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:53 pm 
Veteran

Mrakobes wrote:

Me, too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This sounds like precisely the opposite of what you always tell the newbs. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:49 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 coffedragon - lol look at date of my forum registration and date of creation of this topic
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:43 am 
Veteran

Mrakobes wrote:
...and date of creation of this topic
:lol:

...itґs only 6 weeks -but it looks more like 6 months. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:23 am 
Developer

Mrakobes wrote:
now i barely understand what the hell i was speaking here :D
lol
finishing this scenario seems to be easy for me now
that's a lesson for you all whiney n00bs :P
dont yell that game is difficult until you learn how to play it
or you will feel youself stupid later

Hey, Mrakobes... I've noticed you are using that "n00b" term here and there in quite a humiliating manner...

You know... "MortonHQ" was also once a "n00b"...

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:43 am 
Developer

Well, there is an instructive story in relation to those n00b's, MortonHQ, etc.... and all the Russians MUST understand it. I am not quite sure for all the Americans and Europeans, because the story has some Russian national History/Science behind it... :-)
Anyway, the story goes like this:

Long time ago (in 19th century to be exact) a dog bit a small boy Ivan Pavlov - he just bit the boy and forgot about it...

And the boy grew up and DIDN'T forget about it...

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:00 pm 
Levy

So, uh, been stuck on this step in the Last Campaign for some time now. Didn't have any problems passing any of the other levels on the first or second try. I think I'm on my twentieth or so with this one. Tried playing offense and defense in terms of strategy and keep getting walloped. For those who've beaten this one, any tips?

Post subject: Re: Defending Kreuznung
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:02 am 
Conscript

wait what step are you stuck on? this topic is talking about the PL campaign the Revolutionary Fire mission 5 defending Kreuzung, the Last Campaign is the Free Nations Union last campaign for Noble Rust can you please be more specific on what mission you are stuck on? Otherwise how on earth do you complete this one? can I please have a replay to help or some hints to guide me?

Attachments:
File comment: Here are my replays of the whole campaign mission 3 was one hell of a sticky mess for me, had to play the naval transport game
Last Campaign Replays.rar [42.5 KiB]
Downloaded 1976 times